steelerguy

Adapter for gas attachment

Does anyone know what kind of adapter you need to hook the gas attachment up to a propane tank?

I have had my gas attachment for months but haven't used it because it has a male end as does the hose coming off the regulator on the propane tank. The propane tank looks to have a 1/4" or so male end with a needle like tip. The valve on the gas attachment looks to be 1/2" male.

Just curious if there is a quick an easy adapter or am I going to have to cobble something together at the local Lowe Depot.

Re: Adapter for gas attachment

Does anyone know what kind of adapter you need to hook the gas attachment up to a propane tank?

I have had my gas attachment for months but haven't used it because it has a male end as does the hose coming off the regulator on the propane tank. The propane tank looks to have a 1/4" or so male end with a needle like tip. The valve on the gas attachment looks to be 1/2" male.

Just curious if there is a quick an easy adapter or am I going to have to cobble something together at the local Lowe Depot.

Ended up getting a 3/8" female elbow, 3/8" to 1/4" male coupling, and a 1/4" to 1/8" female coupling. Then used a good amount of teflon tape on the thread to make sure they were tight and leak proof.

I'm a bit concerned about that "needle-like tip" - are you talking about a small propane canister that you can hold in your hand? If so I'm guessing that you may be in a bit of trouble if you use it directly. You should be using a 20lb canister (like for a full-sized gas grill) with a standard low pressure regulator and that should fit without any adapters. If you're using one of the small tanks like for a propane torch you may not have any regulation at all and end up sending way too much propane through the burner. Note that some propane starters shipped with an awkward mount, if you have any troubles with it try to post some pics and we'll see if we can identify it.