Nator

Connecting gas burner to propane tank

Home Depot Helped Me out

I bought a regulator and hose for a charbroil and cut off the threaded end. I used 2 house clamps to connect to the KK gas unit. Worked great in lighting the lump. I could not get what looked to me like the pilot light lit but I am pretty useless when it comes to this stuff. I am the anti-macgyver (sp?)

spend a few extra bucks

I replaced the burners original gas connector with a quick connect nipple. That way its easy to hook up the gas tank to the burner. Once your coals are burning you can shut the valves off and pop off the gas line. This gets the propane tank out of the way and you can set your burner under the KK (on a non flammable surface) to let it cool while you are cooking. The entire set up only cost about $30 and I probably overpaid by having it set up at a gas BBQ grill service store.

too long ago

I can't find the receipt. I do not remember the size of the adapter. We pretty much just grabbed a few adapters until we found one that would fit. Then just attached the quick release nipple to the adapter. I don't think the quick release unit was anything special. It has been a while since I checked but I seem to recall seeing all the parts, including the quick release unit, at the Home Depot after I had it put together. Dennis may be able to save you some trial and effort work with the size and thread type that comes with the unit. Otherwise just bring it in and start checking our fittings that work. It is minimal McGyver stuff. I have a pic of the set up if you want to me to shoot you an e-mail of it.

pic6xr9.jpg

pic3cz2.jpg

pic4hv4.jpg

OK I think I have this figured out. I'll admit to being a Rookie at this forum thing. Hopefully the pics will work and give an idea of what I did. Pretty low tech but I like being able to store the burner out of the way to let it cool with no tubes to get in the way.

I did find this link while surfing earlier today. Just need to get the adapter dimensions to fit into the burner and your good to go.

http://gas-light-4u.safeshopper.com/7/38.htm?427

haven't blown up so far!!!???

Wow, I left for a few days and come back to find out I am a potential fire bug. :shock:

Thanx for the info. I did not have a clue and apparently the folk who slapped it together did not either.

Does the gas degrade the tape? Or is it just a lack of sealing issue. So far I have not had problems with leaking. Although I plan on getting a little soapy water out this week when I fire up the gas. Looks like another trip the Home Depot.

Good info for future applications.

Terry