Tucker

RIBS

Holy cow Tucker, nice pork! :D I have a silly question for you, do you tent the ribs in foil for 20 minutes or so once they are done? I think that I may have commited a "mortal sin" by posting a picture having done this in another post.......... These darn KK's are so efficient that it looks like I will have to make some changes to my cooking habits... ;)

T Rex

Using your indirect heat effectively..

May I make a suggestion..

Rather than crowd the lower grill and place ribs above the outside of the drip pan in the semi-direct heat zone, try to place all your meat/ribs above the drip pan's shielded area and then use the upper grill for the balance of your meat. You will find your meat is cooked more uniformly. The very edges of the grill outside the drip pan will have more airflow and be a bit hotter.. Best to always put the thickest part of your meat on the edges if possible as opposed to the thinest part which needs less heat to finish at the same time.

Just a minor adjustment for more consistent results..

;);)

What he said. I made the mistake of placing my temp probe for my Guru on the "hot" part of the cooker. Guru worked just as designed but the temp where the meat was 50F less. Needless to say we went out for burgers because my butt wasn't done. See here http://www.komodokamado.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3403&highlight=

There are so many new users here I may consider a tutorial. Not that I'm an expert by any stretch but it may help someone out.