T Rex

Easter Turkey

Well, with the help of several members on this forum, we just cooked our first turkey on the KK............ :D:D

The bird was 16.28 pounds and was cooked with stuffing inside. The KK was set at 325F with a BBQ Guru monitoring the bird, which took 4 hours to cook prior to resting. While I initially was going to put the meat probe inside the stuffing, at the last minute I stuck it in the thickest part of the breast set at 165F and used a Thermapen to check the thighs and stuffing temperatures....

The bird was delicious and here are a couple of photos of the cook:

Mrs. T Rex didn't want me to put her Al-Clad roaster in the KK so I used one of those disposable things for the cooking....

20100404_1050.jpg

This was the bird after about 3 hours in the KK...

20100404_1051.jpg

This is the bird after 4 hours and switched to Mrs. T Rex's roaster

20100404_1053.jpg

The final product on the table...

20100404_1056.jpg

As you can tell it was not a large gathering, only my mother who drove up from Qualicum Beach. The bird was very good and the gravy was out of this world..... :D

Mrs. T Rex's "Mother-in-Law" says, THANK YOU DENNIS

T Rex

Re: Easter Turkey

As you can tell it was not a large gathering, only my mother who drove up from Qualicum Beach. The bird was very good and the gravy was out of this world..... :D

Mrs. T Rex's "Mother-in-Law" says, THANK YOU DENNIS

T Rex

You're more than welcome..

Good looking bird, I love turkey but they are all imported, very pricy and factory brined..

Now I'm inspired to get one anyway..

;);)

Re: simple perfection

Spectacular. You know that old saying' date=' it's the little things in life. So true. Fire, food, family. What more could you want? BTW, what was the vino du jour?[/quote']

Hi Doc, 2008 Hillside Estate Gewurztraminer........ a Vancouver Island wine that parred very well with the bird.... I totally agree with your statement. :D

T Rex