Porkchop

What's Cookin' this Weekend 3/10-3/12

yeah, i've been following those posts on BGE forum. the pics look awesome! i've done boneless pork steaks like bbacks. rub 'em down, let 'em go for 3.5 or so, 250 indirect, maybe with the occasional spray down of pineapple juice. put them on a sub roll and call them "boneless rib sammich" since they taste so much like bback ribs, or, a little less appealing "butt steak sammich". some sauce, some pickle & onion; man! they are good. the fat rind around the steak gets that crispy outside, melty inside texture...

hmmmm, plans are starting to look indefinite now...

Thanks alot TNW... :wink:

Have had my Anova for just over a year now. Love it! Got a sirloin in the bath as I type this.

I've done a lot of steaks (tried both searing before and after SV - no noticeable difference to me - YMMV), stuffed chicken breasts & pork chops (the vacuum bag holds the stuffing in well and it doesn't spooge out like baking in the oven!), corned beef brisket (awesome, even though it took 3 days!), salmon, pot roast, short ribs, boneless leg of lamb (seared first on the KK, then into the SV bath). Dennis raves about shrimp done SV, but I haven't tried it yet, along with perfectly poached eggs (both are on my "to do" list).

Do you need the egg temps? I have them around here somewhere. My try at brisket (last Week) was a flop.

Melting of collagen starts to accelerate at 160F and continues rapidly up to 180F. I was no where those temps. Brisket was greasy to the palate. What temp was your water bath?

My try at brisket (last Week) was a flop.

Melting of collagen starts to accelerate at 160F and continues rapidly up to 180F. I was no where those temps. Brisket was greasy to the palate. What temp was your water bath?

Remember, mine was a corned beef brisket, so how it compares to a plain one, IDNK? However, that said, my corned beef was SV'd @ 160F for 2 1/2 days.