Best grill out there

We bought our KK 2 years ago from Dennis and it was a great BBQ. Unfortunately we had a couple of problems with the spring loaded hinge and it caused the BBQ to fail. This, I believe, was because the design hadn't been fine tuned yet but Dennis instantly replaced it with the new upgraded Kamado at no cost to us. I have to say that Dennis has gone out of his way to call us from Indonesia when it was convenient for us, not him, when we had problems and we received the best customer service we have ever encountered. Best BBQ out there we think and we have not had a problem since we got the new design. Very difficult to mess up your food with this grill, best food I have ever tasted from a BBQ.

By the way, my cousin has the other Kamado from the Sacramento firm and I know they waited forever to recieve it, do not get good customer service, paid a ton more than we did and still have to haul the big heavy top open and closed. They ordered one for their parents as they loved the grill but waited forever again, the unit was delivered damaged and of course, they waited forever to get it repaired, not replaced ! :roll:

Would definately recommend doing business with Dennis' company over the other one!

8):D

Just a note..

Thank you Vicki,

Hearing happy customers boast about their KK's and the food that comes out of them is an added plus that I'm really enjoying. Love the "Best Grill Out There" description too :wink:

Just to clarify... Early production KK's had the problematic external straps like all the other ceramics. The torque from the self-opening springs could create leaks and cracks where the bolts went through the body. Strap alignment problems led to the the new design where the strap is cast in permanent position inside the body's material. The new hinge design put all the torque in one area. The precision positioning of the straps also fixed the alignment problems.

And yes, all grills that tweaked,leaked or cracked were immediately replaced at no expense to the customer. Vicky, thank you so much for all your kind words.. It's great to be appreciated..

I'd love to see a shot of your grill :wink: