levelfours

New KK (my 7 year old has named her Aggie!) Just Arrived!!!

I am a newbie and just received my KK this afternoon, wow! The delivery and condition of the unit was flawless, could not be more pleased. Will have my 1st real cook this weekend, a pork butt as has been recommended by many on this forum.

Dennis has been patient and wonderful to work with, answering my many questions and getting back to me almost instantly. I could not be more pleased with the entire experience and I look forward to many years with my new KK. Will post pics this weekend!

Thanks to all for your many posts on the Forum, it has been a great help as I get started

bliss

This note is for levelfours and also ALL our new members and KK owners from the past few months:

I still get just as juiced up to go out and cook on my KK as the very first day I got it. Sitting out back, looking over miles of Texas Hill Country, puffing a stogie, quaffing an adult beverage, and smelling the smoke wafting out of the KK. Oh man that's heaven. A heaven you are about to enter! Try to post some pics and a nice little story about your first adventure. And hey, I see a bunch of new members with 0 posts, ya'll can chime in!

KKing is a Lifestyle

Couldn't agree with the Doc more. Every cook on Heista is an event for me. Even if it's going to be a real quick steak cook I'll light her with a couple of lit briquettes and let her warm up over the next hour or two. Enjoy a few cocktails, some good tunes, a cigar; KKing is a lifestyle for me not just cooking a meal.

In-fact it's a bachelor weekend for me so I'll have all evening tonight and tomorrow night to hangout on the patio with Hestia, grill, smoking and enjoying some adult beverages, perfect weekend ahead.

And congrats on your new cooker, looking forward to seeing pictures of her set and in action.