sobdk

My grill arrived!

My Deluxe OTB arrived! I placed my order May 12, and received it yesterday July 19. It took a little longer than I would have liked, but Dennis was great, and he seems to be trying to keep more in stock which should shorten delivery times if you are anxious like me.

The only other problems I ran into were that the upper grill I ordered was not in the shipment, but I've contacted Dennis, and I'm sure he'll take care of things. Also the hole for the dome thermometer didn't go all the way through. There was a hole on the inside, and one on the outside, but they didn't line up (actually they were about an inch apart). Several minutes with a drill fixed that problem.

Here it is in the crate:

img4738vn9.jpg

Opening the crate:

img4740op8.jpg

Of course I was home alone when it arrived, but couldn't wait to get started grilling. I would HIGHLY recommend having two people move this thing, but I decided to take the whole thing apart and move it myself. I managed to get it out of the crate, and role it through the house (concrete floors) to the deck out back. I had to take apart the sliding door, since the grill was just a little to big, but in the end it was worth it. I will say that today I am a little sore from all of the lifting.

Here is my first cook some lemon pepper chicken:

img4742pu8.jpg

On the grill:

img4743cs7.jpg

The finished product with some potatoes in foil:

img4744zu3.jpg

The last thing that I feel I should mention is that the wheels did manage to dent my deck (pressure treated pine?), but I quickly noticed the problem and grabbed a flattend cardboard box to act as padding as I rolled it across the deck. Now I just need to find some kind of grill mat for the final resting position.

-Shawn

Tile patterns

Dennis, I was noticing the pattern of the tiles. I'm guessing with the OTB it's probably next to impossible to get them aligned exactly. What I mean is on alternate rows one tile would end in the middle of the tile above and below it.

I know, it's nit picky, but it seemed like I saw others that did look exact. Were they because a different person put the tile on or was it possible that the Classic works out better that way.

I think he meant that his subfloor was concrete (no basement), likely covered with carpet?

When I moved my mexi-k from its last hometo this one, it too came through the middle of the house...across hardwood, short pile carpet and even tile. I was a little concerned with cracking a tile, or marring the wood, but it did fine.

Re: Tile patterns

Dennis' date=' I was noticing the pattern of the tiles. I'm guessing with the OTB it's probably next to impossible to get them aligned exactly. What I mean is on alternate rows one tile would end in the middle of the tile above and below it.[/quote']

From the front dead center they are that way, each tille edge in the middle of the tile below it but as the grill starts to curve vertically each row starts to shift.. They all have the same 3mm spacing but as the diameter gets smaller the tiles start to drift from the alignment you see in the front.

:wink:

I think he meant that his subfloor was concrete (no basement)' date=' likely covered with carpet?[/quote']

Actually the previous owners ripped all of the carpet out and stained the concrete a reddish color. There are also a couple of Texas stars etched in the floor, which I conviently covered with area rugs :D You can't get more durable than concrete, so I kind of like it. I'm sure the wife will convince me to put down some hardwood flooring eventually though.

Congratulations. It's beautiful. Was that your first cook on a ceramic kind of grill?

Kind of :wink: I actually have a home made smoker made out of terracotta flower pots. I got the idea from Alton Brown. It uses an electric hot plate for the heat, and while it works OK it was time for an upgrade. I also have a gas Colman road trip grill, so this is my first charcoal grill.

-Shawn

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.