bryan

Southern Ice Tea

3 c boiling water

3 Fam size tea bags (Community)

2 c white sugar

Place tea bags in 1 qt Ball glass canning jar.

Add water and steep 5 min (no more).

Remove tea bags.

Add sugar stir to melt!

Let cool. Then put lid on and store in Fridge until ready to use.

Serving time:

Put 3 qt cold water in 1 gal container, and add the tea. Finish filling gal w/water. (this sequence = no foaming)

Pour over ice and enjoy.

I make 3 at a time and store in fridge. Have not had any sour tea, and it's quick when you need more.

As a diabetic (type 1) I cannot use the sugar but as I am constantly making gallons of plain tea for icing I will make up some Southern style for my friends that have moved up North. This ought to make them even more at home when visiting to eat the wonders that come out of our Dragon's Egg' KK. Thanks!

As a diabetic (type 1) I cannot use the sugar but as I am constantly making gallons of plain tea for icing I will make up some Southern style for my friends that have moved up North. This ought to make them even more at home when visiting to eat the wonders that come out of our Dragon's Egg' KK. Thanks!

You are more than welcome. Winn Dixie (if u have 1) had Community tea bags on sale yesterday. $1.50 w. 55 cent cupon.

I grow and use this plant. I feel sure you are aware of it ... It's still an interesting read.

http://www.stevia.com/Stevia_Article/Fr ... s_FAQ/2269

Fortunately for me I am not diabetic but I do watch what I eat. I have found this product http://www.wheylow.com tastes exactly like sugar and does not illicit an insulin response like regular sugar does (according to the manufacturer, not me). I use it primarily for the reduced calories but find there are no weird tastes associated with it. I hate splenda and other artificial sweeteners because they taste artificial.