Greg_R

Website Suggestion

Well, I am pretty much sold on the KK. However, I have to convince my girlfriend that this cooker is the best option. Unfortunately all the information is scattered throughout the forums. It would be nice if:

- There was a link describing the benefits of KK cooking (to answer the question of why are we getting a heavy refractory oven vs. a $350 Weber gas grill?). I think this is fairly important... a lot of people who wander onto the site may not know the benefits of kamado-based cooking.

- There was a single link off the main page showing ALL the tile colors and ALL the volcanic finish colors

- Some form of cooking guide would be helpful (vents, what do they do, using gas burner with vents, etc.). My GF is worried that she will not know how to operate the KK (for simple grilling). Yes, I know that you can just fire up the gas burner and open the top and away you go...

- The 'FAQ' link off the main page sends you to the generic forum faq (why can't I log in, etc.) instead of KK Q&A.

I realize that Dennis is super-busy but I think these issues are important to KK overall. Hopefully I can convince her so I can post in the happy campers forum :D

??

I think some of what you are looking for resides in the two posts stickied directly above this post. I have not had a chance to organize the how-to one yet. With the rotating shift I am on, I either have plenty of time off or none - hehe - and at the end of next week I will have plenty again - thankfully. It would be nice if some of that info was on the Dennis's web site, but I guess it is easier to update here.

-=Jasen=-

In the mean time, please anyone feel free to start a ceramic cooking advantage thread and I will organize it and the how-to at the end of next week.

I think he was talking about the website vs. the forum. I don't think it is wise to rely on a forum for collecting information that prospective buyers are looking for. Many won't want to get involved in a forum, it's too hard, it's too scary, it's too scattered all over the place. Some folks come to the webpage and expect to find the basic information there.

I think he was talking about the website vs. the forum. I don't think it is wise to rely on a forum for collecting information that prospective buyers are looking for. Many won't want to get involved in a forum' date=' it's too hard, it's too scary, it's too scattered all over the place. Some folks come to the webpage and expect to find the basic information there.[/quote']

I agree, I did say in my post above, "It would be nice if some of that info was on Dennis's web site....". I just help with the forum, so don't look at me. I am always happy to help were I can or organize and put something together.

-=Jasen=-

check with girlfriend

Hey Greg....Just my opinion, but if she is girlfriend (not wife or fiance) I don't see the problem. I would not expect a boyfriend to factor me into a purchase, nor I with him. Odds are you will have the BBQ longer than the girlfriend! She can either get on board or not get on board (definitely her choice), but you should get what you want and so should she. Besides, this stuff is not difficult, it is not too heavy for her she can either learn to use it or let you cook and she can do the dishes!

Hey Curly....My point was just that wife or fiance implies a longer term committment that would infer greater considerations for purchases like this...more of a joint decision with thought of longer term future together. Girlfriend/boyfriend are terms that imply (to me) not necessarily permanent, and there shouldn't be expectations regarding each others purchases. I would hate to see him settle for something less than what he wants if he does not truly think this is a long term relationship.

Yes I am very independent. Companionship is great, but at a point in life where the term till death do you part is a haunting phrase! :shock: Hey...its a BBQ not a baby. My point is consider the relationship, consider the magnitude of the purchase and go for it. If the relationship fails over a BBQ I've saved him! I was trying to simplify the decision for him :lol:

My point was just that wife or fiance implies a longer term committment that would infer greater considerations for purchases like this...more of a joint decision with thought of longer term future together. Girlfriend/boyfriend are terms that imply (to me) not necessarily permanent, and there shouldn't be expectations regarding each others purchases. I would hate to see him settle for something less than what he wants if he does not truly think this is a long term relationship.

hmmm, my BIL and his GF have joint ownership of a 1.2M$ house in the

bay area. seems pretty committed to me...

hmmm, my BIL and his GF have joint ownership of a 1.2M$ house in the bay area. seems pretty committed to me...

Little starter home in the bay area huh? :lol:

Yeah, joint home-ownership, that would make the girlfriend more like a partner. Nothing more than a symantics issue here, that's all.

samantha,

My GF has been living with me for over a year and is nearing 'fiance' status (so we need to talk about $2k purchases).

Porkchop,

Don't worry, I'm still in charge of BBQing. She just wants to cook the occaisional hot dog or hamburger if I'm out of town.

Yes, my main point is that there is very little information on the web site (vs the forum). I was able to get most of my questions answered by visiting 5-6 different sticky links on the forum (but this isn't the best method for spreading information). I had to link over to that 'other' K website to show her why a Kamado cooker is a good idea (in terms of cooking).

Porkchop' date=' Don't worry, I'm still in charge of BBQing. She just wants to cook the occaisional hot dog or hamburger if I'm out of town.[/quote']

sure, that's what she says NOW! soon, it'll be pizzas, and home-made bread, and pies, and ... gotta nip it in the bud. from the start, i told my wife "this is my kitchen! now get out there and change my oil!" :shock: course, she doesn't listen. married her cause she knows cars better than me and now i have to change my own oil!!!

and if sassy sanny gets the idea of posting something naughty here, she better watch it!! she's worse than FauxDonna

...married her cause she knows cars better than me and now i have to change my own oil!!!

and if sassy sanny gets the idea of posting something naughty here, she better watch it!! she's worse than FauxDonna

Me? Naughty posts? I'm disappointed... You spoke so nicely about me before I joined the forum. Isee link below.) Is the honeymoon over?

However, if your GF is tired of playin with yer dipstick and makes you do it yourself, I don't see how that's my fault...

http://www.komodokamado.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=308&start=15&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=sanny