Porkchop

What's going on the grill this weekend??

plan on bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts. on sale in town for .79/lb. hoping they're not "enhanced". if not, brining with some old bay (thanks for the idea majestik) and grilling hot! i do a combo trick on these, where i get the smoker going and ramping up; at around 250 i throw on cherry chips and the chicken and let the temp climb to 550, skin side down. flip after 20 min and roast til done, about another 10.

Ahhhh man, the wife bought 4, 1 inch pork chops from Midway. Drunk_J, your wife knows about Midway since she's from Union. $7 for all 4, we could each only eat 1 they were large. I used some of Dizzy Pigs new Raising The Steak rub on them...they were so freakin good :shock:

Ahhhh man' date=' the wife bought 4, 1 inch pork chops from Midway. Drunk_J, your wife knows about Midway since she's from Union. $7 for all 4, we could each only eat 1 they were large. I used some of Dizzy Pigs new Raising The Steak rub on them...they were so freakin good :shock:[/quote']

Grocery or butcher? The wife says she did not remember anything like Midway - but then again it was 23 years ago (was it there then?).

-=Jasen=-

Edit - Midway BBQ joint maybe???

Spatchasomething Chicken for me

I have two all natural spatchcocked chickens in brine as we speak which is for tomorrow's dinner. I am still debating how hot and how long to cook them.

I am then doing baby backs on Sunday.

.....and maybe a few butts in between to pull, freeze to take next weekend to a cabin on Lake Erie.

Grocery or butcher? The wife says she did not remember anything like Midway - but then again it was 23 years ago (was it there then?).

Midway BBQ. They also have all the meat laid out so I guess it's BBQ/butcher. They've probably been here 50 years or more. It's really considered Buffalo, not Union.

For my next trick...

:) I've got 4 slabs of baby backs marinating in a hoisin/ginger/garlic/soy marinade. http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/meat-poultry/beef_asianribs.html Skipped the poaching, of course. Seems it would be a good marinade for chicken legs, too.

And, Costco has some beautiful salmon just now. Either filet, or cleaned semi-whole fish. Just beautiful. I bought a filet and I'm going to try the modified Sunset salmon recipe posted on another ceramic cooking site.

The marinade smells delicous! :)http://www.kamado.com/cgi-bin/discus/show.cgi?tpc=1&post=3805#POST3805

The salmon is for me and Snooky, if he comes over (not feeling well today). Ribs are to cook and take to work on Monday. I work for a state agency. My office keeps the mail room guys hopping with hand deliveries, so I like to bring things that make happy mail room people. Sometimes jugs of sweet iced tea, sometimes chocolate, or chip cookies. Never know what, but they like them all.

Bump

Question still stands. What's goin on the grill this weekend?

I picked up two top round steaks at Costco, so I'm trying the Mojo Marinade from Cooks Illustrated. Soy, garlic, some brown sugar, more garlic, herbs, pepper, and garlic.

Cowboy lump year round at the local hardware! Whadda discovery! Had I only known. I've been searching for a reliable source of lump. :)

Fired up, coming to temp now. Beeves on the grill in a few mins. Whee!

Re: Bump

I picked up two top round steaks at Costco, so I'm trying the Mojo Marinade from Cooks Illustrated. Soy, garlic, some brown sugar, more garlic, herbs, pepper, and garlic.

Did they leave out all the citrus juices on that recipe? I love the stuff on steak or porkchops.

I have a brisket on today. Though it is only a flat since the little R2D2 smoker is not big enough for a whole brisket (that and I could not find at the store I went to).

-=Jasen=-