mguerra

Knives

Re: Knives

I was at a thrift store the other day and got a block of Henckles (9 knives with 2 missing) for $9 bucks. It had a $19 sticker but since 2 were missing she took $10 off. There was 1 Wusthof in there 2. And coincidentally, all of my cutlery in Henckles. Yes, I'll be visiting that store again.

One of the better deals I've ever gotten at the thrift store. Not damascus steel, but at a dollar a knife I'm happy :D

I bought an Apex Pro a few years ago and I am simply amazed at the results.

I agree!

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=928

I am also buying this book Gerard recommended. Can't believe the deal.

Can you guys tell me where to find these online? All I seem to find are the Apex's....[/quote:2hzy1fz5]

http://www.edgeproinc.com/Professional- ... System-c2/

http://www.edgeproinc.com/Apex-Model-Ed ... System-c3/

Curly, A knife is only as good as the person holding it. I've sharpened many High end knives from North Shore housewives that have subjected them to the dishwasher and the day to day tasks like opening stuck cabinet drawers or cutting cardboard! Your knives are great tools,take care of them and you will have them the rest of your life!

Dave, that's right! I love my henckels and spent what I considered a lot of money on them. That's not to say I wouldn't buy all kinds of really high end functional and artsy knives if I had the funds. I must say, it's very difficult to look at the links in this thread and not want those knives. But who among us doesn't love knives!

Many moons ago I bought a set of 4 Forgecraft hi-carbon knives (very old) at a yard sale for 2 dollars. They came with a hanging wooden holder and I was gonna hang them up in the cabin for looks. Now, one of them is one of my favorite knives. Not a high end knife, but I love it.

My guess is that these will be inherited by my daughter.

forgecraft.jpg