cruzmisl

What plugs the holes?

Well, from what I understand is the Guru port comes with some form of mortar type plug in them from the factory. You knock that plug out when you want to use the hole. The Guru comes with a silicone hole plug when you buy one. Only one hole for the rotisserie goes all the way through, so that leaves 1 rotisserie hole open and a polder hole open. I have no idea on those two. My plan was to take some high temp silicone and release agent to make my own.

-=Jasen=-

No need

If your real anal about those types of things you can find some way to plug those holes with fire rated backer rod or something; however it hasn't affected me being able to regulate the temps even for very low cooks. Just think of it this way, if you can close all the dampers down and snuff out the fire then there must not be much air flow coming from those holes.

plugs

I thought I read on this forum that each of the accessory manufacturers

includes a special silicone plug made to fit the holes as they provide the specs to Dennis for the hole sizes. Also that there is a plug made from the refractory material inside the hole to punch out when you are ready to utilize the accessory. Dennis thinks of everything! :?

Jason, I must remove the beer from my nose now thanks.. :lol::lol:

Not sure what Dennis was refering to, I did not get any plugs but don't really need them either. I suppose if you really wanted something Dennis would come up with it. He seems to have an answer for everything.

Well, I just took another look at mine and here is what I found:

Guru port - sealed with what looks like grout (though it may not be)

Rotisserie - has some sort of metal socket that blocks the hole

Polder - goes all the way through and has no plugs

With that said if you plug the holes the fire does indeed go out so the polder tube must not let enough air in. If you really care you could probably make your own plug.

-Shawn