Dan

A "New Blue" KK headed to Seattle, WA

Hi folks, I've been lurking as a 'guest' for a few weeks and I must say, this is quite the forum! Tips, teasing, christmas lists and the strangest of avartars... a pimped out FireMonkey who turns out to be a TV celebrity? Go figure ;) My story is pretty simple... I live in Sammamish, WA (suburb of Seattle ). Until 6 months -- My wife cooked everything. She was our hosehold's BBQer too. I have been teased about that for the last many years but decided to do something about it. I took over the Weber and starting burning chicken. No one was impressed. The teasing subsided but I still did not stop. I had no idea what a Thermapen was. 4 months ago -- I got a Large BGE. I know them are bad words around here and I promise it will soon be sent to the cabin for weekends (to replace the weber). On my first cook I made pork shoulder. Folks went NUTS. I was now worthy of holding tongs. For my second (yes, #2) cook, I was asked to cook 60 LBS (yes, sixty) pulled pork for our (5x state champion) high school football team. I did not sleep that night but once again, everyone went nuts. Present day I'm now loving the Komodo style BBQ. I own, and better yet, have reason to use a Thermapen! I'm hitting home runs with seared steaks ("OMG, these are better than the steakhouse!"), wings ("Next time make more... I want 20 of them!"), chicken, pork, fish, etc. As a treat and to get a larger grill I convinced myself that I needed (yeah, needed... that's my story so please stick with it! :lol: ) I'm now looking forward to the many, many years ahead. So, yes, I broke** down and got a new 23" KK. My baby has yet to ship but I've enclosed the standard 'inventory model shot' from the KK site. Dennis has already removed it so payment must have made it to him safely. Tomorrow I'm going to clean my grill with a GrillFloss and oil it with a rag in a small tupperware that I will keep in the fridge when not in use. (Thanks FireMonkey). Oh, and from time to time I'll not scrape of all the "seasoning" before I make some burgers. Future Next time I make ribs I'll also be sure to add some dry rub after I take them off the grill (Thanks Chris) With much respect for what you have here, Seattle Dan fetch?id=67979 ** The decision was far easier for me that it was my wife so I should fess up and sat that it was really more of my having to my wife having to break down. I now need to empty the dishwasher for the next 2 years... I'm sure this will be a small price to pay for the KK given all the emotion I see all over this forum.

Re: A "New Blue" KK headed to Seattle, WA

Hi Dan,

Welcome to the forum, great story with a happy KK ending..

I love your avatar.. Gotta get one of those made up with the guy cookin' on a KK.

BWT That is not a standard inventory image.. it's your cooker. All shots of inventory

are of the actual grill.

;);)

FM is a TV celebrity? Who knew?

Good question; I didn't know either!!! I wanna know how a newbie figured that out before us oldtimers did!!

More info please Dan????? oh yea, congratulations and welcome aboard!! Interesting story on how you got here; I too enjoied the read. Nice work on your avatar!

Thanks Sanny. For now, let's scope the "goto pork guy" zone to my few neighbors and their charitable causes... thus my getting roped into the football team's dinner.

Thank JohnnyBoy. Love you covers -- nice work!

RE TV Celebrity comment... I presumed (that's usually where things start to go bad isn't it? :) that the Youtube clips were from a TV interview. These:

(and the other 2)

Thanks for clearing that up Dan, and Thanks for the kudos!!

FM, Awesome video!! You da' man!

Ha! Compare the weight of a KK to the woman interviewing, I thought for sure I seen a slap coming your way! but okay it's all good, made the point! Didnt' get slapped after all. hehehe