Dan

Saying expectations were exceeded is like

Dennis (and lurkers; I know you're there... I was until just recently!) Saying my expectations were exceeded is like saying it's "a tad damp" in Seattle. WOW! This KK OTB is far, far, far (3 fars!) nicer than I imagined and my day job is all about imagining things. I have a BigGreenEgg (Large) today and it's just not a fair comparison. Akin to comparing a quality product to a McDonald toy. All this at a price that is substantially less that the DCS 36" NG BBQ that it's sitting next to... and, that's even before firing the damn thing up. Food on the Komodo is just worlds apart from a gas grill. Where to start?!?

• Crating is impressive to say the least[/*:m:22q4941d]

• Looks are to drop dead gorgeous -- photos don't do these KKs justice[/*:m:22q4941d]

• Tile work is phenomenal [/*:m:22q4941d]

• Stainless work tops the tile work. 3/8" grill grates are impressive (not to mention heavy)[/*:m:22q4941d]

• Fit and finish is in line with the other superlatives [/*:m:22q4941d]

• Setup for grilling is fantastic given all the grills, hatches, etc. FAR better than my BGE with aftermarket rigs[/*:m:22q4941d]

Anyway, I'm rambling. Thanks SO much for being as anal retentive as you clearly are... we all win. I hope this business does well so that I can get another one of these for may cabin (that's where the BGE will go until maybe I drop it on its side by accident ) I can't be happier! Dan from Seattle #569 fetch?id=67981

Re: Saying expectations were exceeded is like Hi CookShack, We've not officially named her yet but it's on our short list... ideas welcome. We've been looking for a name with "blue" in it and a southern feel (pull porked is what got me so excited about this form of cooking). "Smokey Blue" came to mind and a quick BING on it got me a logo too ;)fetch?id=66707 My kids called her a "Blue Thumb Thumb" from the Spykids movie given the person like looks with the squat feet.

post-6915-139082392088_thumb.jpg

Re: Saying expectations were exceeded is like

Thanks for the Kudos and Happy Camper post..

People rarely leave them these days.. I think they figure there are already so many..

but very few in the last two years.. Hint Hint :lol::lol:

My wife always laughs about the collection of comments about my being anal retentive here on the forum.. She says if they saw my desktop, drawers or garage they would know the truth!

I say a clean desk is the sign of cluttered mind..

;);)