Bugs

change username to bugs

Re: change username to bugs

i need to change my user name. i put my whole name in it donnie ray calcutte and i meant to put my nickname bugs. it may not matter because i ask a lot od questions and will most likely be kicked off like they did at kamado.

Welcome to the forum! Feel free to ask your questions.

-=Jasen=-

Welcome aboard, bugs. Your questions over on the K forum have been very entertaining. Sorry to hear the bugs show has come to an end there.

Some of us have put Dennis through some pretty rigorous questioning already but it'll be good to have you help us keep him on his toes.

Welcome Bugs

...and please note I have moved your question about tiles to it's own thread in the "KK 411" forum. That is the place to ask all of your questions.

Carry on!

:wink:

Huh... I can still see Bugs' questions about tile loss "over there." The posts are just archived. :::shrug:::

Yes, but you do not see all the ones he posted as the others were deleted (throughout the entire thread - archived and all). Also, the original poster "Vickiesa", had a couple of her posts deleted too. Just do a search for "Vickie" over at KamadoFraudForum.org and you will find what I am refering too.

-=Jasen=-

absolutely asinine

Welcome bugs = this is really an open forum and you can't beat the owner. John

i'd say it's fairly open :) but not censorship free.

(my amosite observation has disappeared and the AH letter of cert hasn't appeared yet)

I'm sorry that thread was deleted because of all the anti RJ and Kamado comments through out it. People always seem to assume it was state sponsored.

I personally think one would have to be absolutely ignorant to believe that HW uses asbestos.

True to his character it was absolutely asinine (and ignorant) for RJ to claim this..

I just called the director of HW and he said he would fax over the letter immediately. Nuf Said. :wink:

Re: Welcome

...(my amosite observation has disappeared and the AH letter of cert hasn't appeared yet)

I had forgotten this post and forgot what amosite was... quick trip to wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amosite yields: "...The amosite referred to by Peacock is fibrous actinolite or :oops: cummingtonite :oops: ."

I've been hanging around FireMonkey so long that my eyes immediately latched onto the latter term. Another click http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cummingtonite and I see: "...Cummingtonite was first described in 1824 for an occurrence near Cummington, Massachusetts, hence the name..."

There's a link http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/sillymolecules/sillymols.htm there. It yields: "Cummingtonite

This mineral must have the silliest name of them all! Its official name is magnesium iron silicate hydroxide, and it has the formula (Mg,Fe)7Si8O22(OH)2. It got its name from the locality where it was first found, Cummington, Massachusetts, USA."

Figured I better explain how I came in possession of this knowledge.

Re: asbestos accusations

I got:

amosite |?am??s?t|

noun

an iron-rich amphibole asbestos, mined in South Africa.

ORIGIN early 20th cent.: from the initial letters of A sbestos M ines o f S outh Africa + -ite 1 .

Yeah, I got that too... but it was neither funny nor worth mentioning :twisted:

But cummingtonite... that was both.