BarrGen5

A Testimonial

An ever-cautious consumer, I now have enough experience to give a meaningful KK testimonial.

My Gen 2.2 Ultimate 23†KK, Dark Metallic Bronze, was delivered on December 23, 2010, making it my best adult Christmas present ever.

Had it never cooked a meal, it is as beautiful a piece of artisanship as one could ever imagine owning.

My adult children arrived for Christmas and were agog, rushing immediately to the website to learn as much as they could about Dad’s investment. (They then began arguing over inheritance rights.)

I have four observations to make following this period of excited, consistently-satisfied ownership.

* My KK surpasses any other barbecue grill and smoker I have ever owned, observed, or read about. The first couple of friends who came to see it had identical reactions. They concluded that I had bought a kiln.

* My KK is intuitive and almost effortless, even for a neophyte barbecuer like me. (I had barbecued steaks on metal grills before, but my inexperience left me intimidated at the prospect of trying to master an appliance of this capacity. My series of successful cooks has given me a new sense of confidence that even Klutzo can produce extraordinary results.)

* My KK is unusually versatile and produces a multitude of successful cooking experiences. I have tackled three separate beef roasts, two bottom rounds and a shoulder roast; a rack of pork ribs; four gourmet pizzas; three separate ribeye steak meals; and a pork butt. My experiences have been so successful that my wife has threatened to retire our kitchen oven right here in the middle of February!

* The KK customer service is so satisfying and therefore unusual that my personal and professional friends are weary of my ravings. Dennis Linkletter telephoned me on the day my KK arrived, just to check on me and my satisfaction. He and I have had several telephone conversations prompted by my enthusiasm and naivet’e. He has been utterly gracious, incredibly patient, and thoroughly helpful.

The KK has introduced a new dimension to my cultural life. Who would have thought the coldest, snowiest season in thirty years would also begin my 2011 barbecue season?

Re: A Testimonial

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an eloquent testimonial and for the many kudos also.

While there are many references here in the Happy Campers area, there are not many current ones. In fact there was only 11 left in all of 2010.

Anybody on the fence..

Nudge, nudge..

Now's as good a time as any ;);)

I don't think anything in the website or forum helps people take the leap of faith and pull the trigger more than these posts.

Thanks again for your wonderful post Edward.

;);)

Re: A Testimonial

Thanks to Dennis my / our barbecuing did not slow down after our first KK developed cracks and assorted problems due to a bad spring that a supplier had sold to Dennis. Dennis sent a new KK to Rochester at no charge to us; what a wonderful manufacturer Komado Kamado is with Dennis at the helm!! The impossible gasket works extremely well as does the entire KK.

I was at a New York State Eastern Star function this past Saturday (07.23.2011) where a supposed "state of the art" grill was being auctioned, needless to say I knew different but was really happy when a members came to me and said that mine really was and mine was a work of art at the same time!

Scouterpf