DennisLinkletter

What's all this talk on the Mex forum site about Asbestos?

In a desperate and pathetic attempt to discredit my product, the Kamado in Mex. manufacturers made claims both on their forum and on Ebay that my product contain asbestos, this is complete and utter nonsense. My Komodo cooker contains Silica, Alumina, Iron Oxide, Lime, Magnesia, Titania, Alkalies... That's it. They were very upset when I let the cat out of the bag and told people that at least until two years ago theirs was made primarily of common Portland cement mixed with volcanic cinder. Not exactly high tech :wink: I know this of course because their abandoned workers now work for me.

Material Data Sheets posted in the Nuts, Bolts and Refractory Materials area

Yes, that was one of the stupidest posts I've ever seen the guy who owns the mexican cooker company post. He makes up some email that a guy in Ireland had one explode on him that came from Indonesia. Uh huh.... And then he thinks the FDA is going to intervene in Indonesia, uh huh. And having deserted his Indonesian operation and workers, he claims to know the composition of the formula they use, despite the fact that he explicitly states that they are not using HIS formula. Gee how's he know what's in their formula? LOL, the mexican cooker forum is highly entertaining at times.

I am the designer and owner of KK

and noticed they refer to Topo Susilio as the owner of KK? Was that just a mistake?

Just their ignorance as to who was involved.. As some of you might know Topo was RJ's Indo connection/Manager. He put the company in Topo's name to save $$ & avoid taxes and getting proper documentation etc. When he left town, he left Topo with the bills and owing the now out of work employees severance. I met Topo via RJ's lawyer who was also duped..

I am the designer and owner of KK and Topo is still involved with the production.

PS The TNT became too expensive for production and so it was with great regret replaced with the more stable but less explosive refractory material..

I'm saving one of the old exploding cookers for RJ :lol:

Here is a shot of it.. I'm having it dropped from 50,000 feet over Ensenada, we nick named it Fat Boy, it's really the bomb!

FatBoy.jpg