fcnich

My kk arrived !!

Hi everyone, finally got the picture thing figured out, a quick course in computer science.... Anyway here she is and her name is "Esterdahl". Arrived in perfect condition and pictures dont do these cookers justice. Will post more later i hope. Thanks everyone on here for all the info etc!!

Re: My kk arrived !!

Well the original menu got cooked on "old bess", but did the same menu on Esterdahl. Was going to put up pictures but was just too frustrated with trying to post them on here. The butts came out great, moist like i have never had before. Had some issues with controlling them temperature, these cookers really like to get hot! Never went over 280 degrees, so not much of an issue. I used lump charcoal, probably some of the control issues. Oh by the way i have seen Johnnyboy covers on here, turns out he lives just a few miles from me and has never seen a kk in person, he is invited over.

So today for lunch I decided to take Fcnich up on his invite over. Thanks again, fcnich!! You make an awesome BBQ sauce!!! Fcnich is so nice he sent me off with a container full of his own homemade BBQ sauce!! I definitely want the recipe. Perfect timing for the left over Sunday ribs I had for lunch today.

Carter and his wife Sue are a very nice couple in deed. And the KK, OMG, just as everyone says, talk about beautiful, much better in person than in photo. The spring assisted hinge and dome latch are quite impressive features to say the least. And the hole for probe wires, wow, talk about a cool feature. I could go on and on about the covered wheels, SS upper grate with 3/8" tines! (wow, that's some heavy steel), port for Stoker/Guru, how nice the dome/hat mating surfaces meet together, how smooth it turns, etc. features go on and on but, I'll leave it there. I can't give Dennis enough kudos for the quality cooker. Great job Dennis.

The craziest part is 20+ years ago I lived 5 houses up the street from Carter and Sue. I lived there for three years and we never met. Carter did remember my old 1967 lime green Camaro though!! hehe

Yes nice visit from John, (Johnnyboy). We ordered one of his covers, he had the chance to actually measure one in person!! ha ha. John is a nice guy also, said he will give my some extruded charcoal to try out, what a guy!!! Guess i will have to give him some pulled pork when i get my cover!!