fcnich

Roti install question Help

Re: Roti install question Help

NO NO NO...don't knock a hole through. The fitting on right inside will receive the roti shaft...The motor is mounted on outside, right side. The shaft from the motor will go in to the fitting on the outside, when motor spins, it will spin the fitting all the way through, and turn the roti. Dont put a hole through...

yes, the spring allows you to push the shaft in further to clear the outside edge of the KK hole, and then once in alignment, you allow the shaft to come back out and it will insert in to the hole of KK. At first it seems it doesn't quite fit, but it does. Be patient, no holes please... :)

Also, the mounting bracket for the motor. You will need to remove the bracket that holds the shelf ( i assume you have a wood shelf on right side), put up the mounting bracket, then put the shelf bracket back on top of motor mount bracket, then screws back in to mount it all to KK... KK tile, then motor bracket, then shelf bracket, then bolts/nuts to hold all in place.

I dont have a shelf, i mounted the motor bracket to the 2 studs, i assume the spring goes into the motor. I have the motor on the bracket but its not even close to aligning the shaft with the hole in the side of the kk. do i need to file the slotted holes in the bracket so it lines up?

Re: Roti install question Help Yes, spring in to motor, which allows you to push in and adjust length while aligning and clearing the edge of KK opening. You may have to "pull it out just a bit once aligned" You should not have to file anything. It should all fit together nicely. Use the the square shaft on Basket to insert from the inside of KK into opening. see pictures: motor bracket installed and alignment fetch?id=66943fetch?id=66944 oops..turn the head a bit, see spring loaded square shaft in motor fetch?id=66945

post-6942-139082395718_thumb.jpg

post-6942-13908239573_thumb.jpg

post-6942-139082395743_thumb.jpg

Can you post picture of how the bracket is mounted on the KK. Zoom out a bit ? The pic here is a bit confusing...not sure what angle this pic is.... I do have the 23" KK, is yours 23" as well, or the 19"? Does Dennis make the Rotiserrie for the 19"??? Just curious...

i don't know what to tell you...sorry. the hole looks centered and it should fit. apparently the motor is not resting or being seated at the correct spot. could you be putting the motor on upside down? Also, i have the OneGrill, 50 pound capacity, electric motor....not battery motor. Perhaps that is different. Some one will chime in soon i am sure. Sorry!!

Well i hope this shows my delema' date=' the motor when installed on the bracket is just too high. the shaft touches the top of the square hole, it must be lower to line up with the hole in the kk. sorry the picture is sideways[/quote']

The problem here is that this is not a Gen II.. fcnich purchased one of the 2007 Supreme OTB grills that I sold here on the forum a while back.. They have a different accessory side plate.. And of course I completely forgot when I shipped him the roti.. I'm going to have to track down a Supreme motor bracket..

Sorry I missed this post, I was offline over the weekend on the back side of the island.

;);)