rick

Delayed appreciation and thanks...

I was going through a few old pictures and ran across these from our delivery day - 10 January 2009. As you can see Chiquita was somehow anticipating the value of this new contraption that entered her territory. fetch?id=68255 Since delivery, all our friends and family have enjoyed a large variety of barbequed meats, veggies and specialty stuff like peach cobblers. We use our KK at least monthly but typically weekly. Lately we have been enjoying restaurant quality pizza thanks to receiving one of Dennis' propane burners from Tucker. The burner allows long cooking cycles, i.e. multiple pizzas without running out of fuel. With the pizza stone on the upper grill, to get a hint of smoke, we simply place a chunk of either apple or cherry wood on the main grill. At 550 to 600 degrees the chunk simply self-ignites. The pizzas turn out perfect every time, just like everything else we experiment with! Here is another picture of the move itself using the 2x4 method, moving it was a little ackward but we did it! fetch?id=68256 Also, here is a shot of the move crew, from left to right: me, Jens (my next door neighbor), my nephew Justin, Justins friend Franco and my brother Paul. fetch?id=68257 We are very appreciative of Dennis and his ability to crank out such a superior product. Before buying our KK, I was just an average gasser (Weber propane grill). I'm still just an average guy but with the KK in my arsenal I feel that I've become a junior pit master. All our friends and family think I'm already a master! Who knew it was possible? I sure didn't but Dennis did. Thanks again Dennis, we love you!

Re: Delayed appreciation and thanks...

Too funny, Jens is actually a native Californian. He grew up just north of Santa Barbara. His Norwegian roots do shine through, just like my wife’s as she too has the same ancestry.

Rick