cruzmisl

Any A/V experts on here?

Hi All,

While browsing at my local Costco today they had a 60" Panasonic TC-60PS34 on sale for $1000 (its $500 off). I currently have a JVC HD61FH97 LCOS rear projection that I purchased in late 2006. Its a good set and still performs well with regular bulb changes.

For $1K I couldn't help but wonder if the picture quality of the Panny will be significantly better than my current set. I think the Panny is an entry level plasma but can't help but think for $1K I can't really go wrong. It's 1080p,3 HDMI inputs, wifi and some other stuff I probably don't need.

Any ideas or opinions on this?

Thanks,

Joe

Re: Any A/V experts on here?

The Panasonic has capability of HDMI, which will show a big difference when watching high definition programs or media. HD broadcasts and blu-ray DVDs will be signifcantly clearer. It depends more of what your viewing media is all about. Regular broadcasts and DVDs would not need the HDMI capability offered by the Panasonic.

Re: Any A/V experts on here?

I'm no expert but the plasma should offer a much better picture if viewed off center compared to your projection TV. I purchased a Pioneer a year and a half ago, just before pioneer quit making tvs. They made some of the best plasma's on the market. I don,t recall the model now, but a Panasonic Viera would have been my second choice, they make a very good plasma as well.

If I had the money I would buy a LED TV, they are still a bit pricey, but the picture is amazing.

View your current tv at all seating positions in your room them go look at the panny and decide if its worth upgrading.

One of the best upgrades I did was get rid of my Bose surround system and go with a Denon receiver and SVS speakers and a 12 inch sub woofer. The blu-rays came alive. SVS is made in Ohio and great quality at a good price.

http://www.svsound.com/

Good luck