Nator

New Member of the Family

Well...almost... I just finalized the purchase of a Supreme OTB and cannot wait to receive it. I have to tell you dealing with Dennis through the sale process has been great and he took time to address my never ending questions even responding to the rumors I read on the Mexi-K site. I've been shopping ceramic cookers since a co-worker wowed me with his pulled pork back in December. Mexi K, BGE, PRIMO (i even went to their factory store in ATL) all have been seriously considered.

Mike in Atlanta

Right Choice

I've worked closely with the Mexi-K group and own one and I can tell you, you made the right choice! If I can sell my Mexi-K, I will, and buy one of Dennis's better products. IMO Dennis has taken all the flaws of the Mexi-K and perfected them. I was in the BGE store last week buying some lump, pretty impressive store but for the price a Komodo is the way to go.

BTW, whats the lead time on one of these bad boys???

Regards, your neighbor in Snellville.

Tony

How Long?

Tony,

I think I got one that was about to be stateside for another purpose but was late so was available by luck. Dennis said should clear customs this week and make it to me next.

You helped a buddy of mine get his mexi-k to his deck with your escalera a few years ago. He got lucky to catch you in a brief stint as the Atl distributor.

Lead time

I have cookers in stock both CA and FL at present.

Just sold Mike my last Supreme OTB which is just getting in. The OTB's never quite make shore unsold.

1 Supreme Classic left in Fl

LA has Classics in stock both Supreme and Deluxe versions.

I have 40 bodies just out of the vacuum kiln awaiting assembly and tiles or texture standing in the factory. Tiles for 60 grills will be delivered today.

Custom orders can usually be completed in about a week. Shipping is 26 days to LA, 40 days to FL.

Both the purchasing and cooking on a Kamado should be a pleasent experience that's just one of the reasons I build Komodos.

Textured or tiled my friend?

:wink:

Good For You

Nator,

I know you will be pleased with the product. Yes I remember my visit to Luis's (I think) house. He was a nice guy, hope he is still enjoying his grill. Even though I had a terrible experience with Richard I still believe ceramic cooking is the way to go. I'm glad Dennis is doing what he is doing so there will still be "high end" ceramic grills once Mexi-K is gone. Enjoy your grill and if you see Luis tell him I say hello.

PS. If you know of anyone that wants that escalera also let me know as I have no use for it anymore.

Tony

Escalera and LOS

Tony,

Carlos or LOS is the guy. Dennis should kick him a royalty cuz it was his pulled pork that made my wife say "you should get one of these".

You interested in renting your stair climber?. I'm not sure how I am going to get my KK to its final resting spot. I wonder if Dennis' delivery guys will take a tip to put it where I want it?

I almost bought a BGE simply because I could pay BBQGalore $65 bucks to deliver to my deck versus my fear of cooking in my driveway for 6 months.

Good news guys, forgotten feature!

As the list of my Komodo cookers features grows, my memory sometimes fails me. It takes a problem to remind me of the problems solved by my R&D team.

The cooker can be easily opened and carried in two pieces. A 19mm socket wrench is thoughtfully provided for connivence with all KK cookers, this is used to adjust the dome spring tension. (Grills are shipped without tension for safety)

To remove the dome top, remove the rear hinge cover, loosen the spring tension and bolt with provided the 19mm socket wrench, remove the clip from the main hinge shaft, tap the shaft free using a hammer and small piece of wood, unhook the spring and carry the two halves separately.

Top half OTb about 100lbs - lower half w/stand and wheels about 240lbs. The lower half comes with a rope harness that enables a few guys to carry them.

Let's talk user friendly!

:wink:

Free Use Of Escallera

If the convenience posted above is not sufficient and you want to make the trip to Snellville and back you are more than welcome to use the Escalera, hell for a few beers I may help you move it too. Id like to see one of Dennis's products first hand, although I might get jealouse and have to buy one.

Tony

Hey Mike, feel like a Kid before Christmas?

I was going through my desktop and found these images of Mike in Atlanta's Supreme OTB being packed.

They also show a new idea we're trying with our crating.

The cookers sit on a wood box that has a very dense black rubber pad and all the wheels get their own pad.

Then we insert plywood boards inside the posts with the same dense black rubber pads at the widest point all around. The boards are flexed to give tension like leaf springs.

BothSides.jpg

Here is the front flexed/sprung padded board going in.

Support.jpg

This is a close up of the pad and board showing the tension/flex

SideSuppport.jpg

Komodo crates gotta be the best too :wink:

I'm really open to and begging for suggestions on way to pack these behemoth beauties. Heylp please...

So there you go Mike, a peek at your cooker all snug in it's crate.