DennisLinkletter

Forum Upgrade-Upload multiple images at once!

Ok here is a big improvement.. Click "Upload Attachment" n68336 Then click "Choose File" which lets you select an image from your computer To add additional images just click the + to the right of the file name on top to add as many images as you want. When finished click "Add the file" at the bottom and up they all go. n68337 Then you place them where you want using the "Place inline" button n68338 Better eeh? ;) ;)

Re: Forum Upgrade-Upload multiple images at once!

Haven't had an opportunity to post anything yet, Dennis. The multi-imaging upload will be cool, but like Doc, my irritation stems from the resizing of the pics. I'm not a tech geek, and it's time consuming to downsize the pixels.

Re: Forum Upgrade-Upload multiple images at once! It resizes but the secret here for uploading speed is to simply set your "camera" to a lower setting. Unless you are going to print them on paper or manipulate them in photoshop, there is no reason to shoot huge files. but this absolutely resizes as you can see... ;) ;) ;) 5"X5" n67038 10"x10" n67034 15"x15" n67035 20"x20" n67036 30"*30" 1.7mb n67037

post-6370-139082397586_thumb.jpg

post-6370-139082397591_thumb.jpg

post-6370-1390823976_thumb.jpg

post-6370-139082397615_thumb.jpg

post-6370-139082397656_thumb.jpg

One of the benefits of using the camera in my cell phone for the KK is that it automatically downsizes the image when I email it to myself so I can post it without further manipulation. Too bad the pix are so lousy.

My KK is in rest mode since I'm not big on cooking in the dark. But, while shopping today for my New Years weekend shellfish, I also bought a small, two bone, prime rib roast which was on sale. I'm tucking it away and expecting to get KK inspired shortly and will try the new posting pix system when I prepare it.

Susan

So is everyone happy with the new uploader? Above I show images from 5" to 30" ...

Hopefully you all will start uploading images on the forum. If you look at s=many old posts the images are gone because the image hosting service changed or disappeared.. this even happened to my images when Apple "graduated" to a new format..

When you click on an image it of course lets you view the image to as large as your window and you can then click to open in a new window which gives you full size. There are also next and previous buttons. If the uploaded photo is not huge there is also small thumb nails across the bottom of the screen of the entire page.. which is cool for the cooking photos posts.

All in all its pretty slick.

;););)

Dennis, it seems to work quite well. I'm still getting use to my Imac and Apple products. By exporting the photos to my desktop at the lowest resolution, I was able to easily upload multiple photos. Once I get use to the inline option on the forum, I'll have it dialed in.

Ok feeling like a dope now but' date=' where is this page with the "options" tab etc? Is it in the user control panel area?[/quote']

Click "Upload Attachment" is in the lower left corner of the Post a reply window..

You will then see the options and windows shown above..

;);)

Dennis' date=' it seems to work quite well. I'm still getting use to my Imac and Apple products. By exporting the photos to my desktop at the lowest resolution, I was able to easily upload multiple photos. Once I get use to the inline option on the forum, I'll have it dialed in.[/quote']

From Iphoto I use the medium setting not small. That way when one clicks the large thumbnail the image that opens is larger and gives more detail.

;);)

Hope you don't mind me chiming in with some tech jargon on the subject.

Someone mentioned trying to make the images load faster and not needing to take/use large images - you only need images at 72dpi resolution. computer screens do not display anything above 72dpi even if your image contains it. So, if you have an option to change your image size before uploading change it to 72dpi. This will lower your image "File Size" significantly while keeping the image "Size" the same.

Currently most image viewers on our PC's or Macs will allows your to make these changes to a whole folder of images. This will allow your image files to upload WAY faster.

Hope that helps.

Susan,

Indeed it was a reverse sear. 275 degrees until the internal temp reached 120. Then seared it over high heat for about 90 seconds per side. The steak probably sat for 15 minutes while the KK rose to searing temp. And I have to add, it tasted as good as it looks!

Peter