Tribeless

Geraldine, New Zealand

Re: Geraldine, New Zealand

Ah, so I can't say we've got the only one in the country anymore :(

Auckland is the other end of the country (other island) so we'll need a few sold through the middle to get a KK club up and running.

We had a pizza night with ours on Friday night: all our friends who are seeing the KK are very impressed.

Charcoal:

By the way, if Kiwis do make it to this thread, I'd be interested to know what charcoal they're using. So far I've found Beehive to be (and by far) the best. There's some cheap stuff being sold by Mitre 10 at the moment, from South Africa I think: it's cheap for a reason. Not all charcoals are equal.

Hi Tribeless,

I've been looking at buying a KK and having it delivered to Auckland. Poor Dennis has been the recipient of emails with many questions. I was delighted to find on the forum that you have already had one sent out to this end of the world.

What do I have to do to get it through NZ Customs? Do I need to contact them first and get an import number, or will they contact me (demanding money) when it arrives in this country?

Who did you use to get it from the port to your house? Were you happy with the service?

Have you looked into the option of buying in the charcoal? What did MAF have to say about that?

Many thanks

NZ Kiwi

Hi Tribeless,

I would have loved to see your KK. We are coming down to Chch in May for a visit to see our family's new house (post earthquake move-they were red-zoned), and I looked on the map and Geraldine is just to far away for a quick visit. Thanks for the open invite though.

NZ Kiwi