DennisLinkletter

Sai's Bday - Ribeye Roast Bone-In and Boneless Beef Ribs

It's my wife Sai's birthday and we're going to have some folks over next weekend... Being known as the meat master I need to step this up a notch.. So I upgraded from the standard pork ribs/butt and brisket to these gems.. Found these Wagu-ish boneless beef ribs can't remember if they were labled short or not

. fetch?id=68445fetch?id=68444

I can't imagine they won't be over the top with this marbling.. fetch?id=68443fetch?id=68442

And then this Ribeye Bone-In Roast

fetch?id=68446

I would love to hear suggestions for cooking and techniques especially for the boneless ribs.. Thanks all in Advance.. ;) ;)

Re: Sai's Bday - Ribeye Roast Bone-In and Boneless Beef Ribs

Happy belated birthday to Sal. As we were at a dog show I missed your missive. I would have suggested a very slow cook to 100F, remove while your KK is raised to 350F and stabilized, place the goodies back on until the out side is done to Sal's favorite doneness and give her the honor of the first cuts. Next year let us know where you purchased the meat and if they have enough for a grand party and we will try to visit her and you!

I recently followed a simple Raichlen "Salt and Pepper" recipe for beef ribs and was very impressed with the results given the simplicity. Given you've gone top shelf on the meat, why not let it speak for itself? Let me know if you need the recipe.

Heylo Cookie.. Please send the recipe.. Thank you. I did some googling and saw he has a roti technique for this simple salt and pepper cook.. I just ordered the book..

With these well marbled boneless short rib slabs.. Do you think I can get away with 150-155º or do I need to take them up to 190º ? I've never cooked these.. or even seen them for sale here.. In photos online it looks like people cut them in strips to cook them.. any feedback on this?

Thanks in advance..

;);)

Dennis I've only cooked these in strips and to rare. Holy Crap these look great! I would be tempted to cook them whole and slice them like a tri-tip, but I've never done that with boneless short ribs before!With that much marbling I don't see why they wouldn't turn out great! A hint would be to trim any silver skin or outer connective tissue that may be on the outer layer. I have braised short ribs with the bone and glazed them and carmelized them on a hot sear, they were sublime(Google Vietnamese short ribs from "Fine Cooking "Magazine) I would think these would disintegrate during the braise!

Here is the Raichlen Salt and Pepper Beef Ribs Recipe (out of the BBQ USA book) adapted for the KK:

1 rack of beef ribs (2.5 - 3.0 lbs)

Coarse Salt (kosher or sea)

Cracked or coarsely ground black pepper

Apple or Hickory wood chips / chunks

Your choice of BBQ sauce, for serving

1. Very generously season the beef ribs on both sides with the salt and pepper

2. Set up the KK for a low and slow smoke and heat sink to 200F (use heat deflector, drip pan optional)

3. Once smoking, place ribs meat side up on upper rack

4. Cook 3-3.5 hours until dark brown, almost black

5. Meat should be crisp on outside and tender on the inside

6. Slice into individual ribs and serve hot with BBQ sauce for dipping

The ones I made were delectable...and annihilated by our guests. Most people didn't want any sauce for dipping, but some did. I preferred them 'al naturale'