DavidS

1st cook and 1st overnight

The temp was much easier to control that the old k. It adjusts much faster to small changes in draft door or damper top. After I unloaded and set it up I loaded with about 4 lbs lump with the grill empty and played with the controls. The ribs at 225 did not use the Guru just the low and slow opens on door, top a little less than 1/4 turn, less than 1/8 on low & slow. The butts I used the Guru at 225 at grill. Put them on at 9:30 pm off at 9:15 AM temp at 195. They are now in the ice chest resting. Will pull and post picture later.

Happy owner, I plan on putting a better top on later. Works fair at storing lump in. Makes nice area to set things on while cooking as long as my dog is in the house. The old top is used as bird bath holder near the koi pond.

Old K table

Did you remove the old stainless band and the hinges/springs? If so, how do you roll it around if needed without a grip?

Ideally I'd like a top that opened and closed, but didn't reuse the Mexi-K hinges for a more sleek look like the KK. Did you close in the draft door in any way?

Then again, maybe I'll just trash it since it is crumbling. Maybe Dennis will share some of his cook center plans? Dennis, please? :)

Kevin