snapper

Curly & Porkchop

The only ceramic I've ever cooked on personally has been a K. From what we know, Dennis has made many improvements on the tiled ceramic cookers, but you didn't even consider the other tiled thingee (and why should you :cry: ).

As far as the BGE and the Primo being cheaper, I'm not so sure on the BGE. If you compare the lowest priced KK (textured non-OTB) with the highest price BGE (x-large is probably same size) you are about equal. Then look at what Dennis includes with the KK and start adding up the plate-setter and all of the extras you'll need to buy for the BGE. The KK may even be cheaper. It's a tough decision that ultimately...only you can make :lol:

All 3 will cook great food. Of course, me an Porkchop chose a KK :shock:

Re: Curly & Porkchop

Curly & Porkchop

???WTF???

:x With all the expertise on this board, you ask for *their* opinions??? :x

Snort.

Well, on second thought, nevermind about Porkchop. :P

I wondered about how I was included myself...but didn't want to hurt the fellas feelings and tell him to go elsewhere. Plus, I knew it'd tick you off real proper too. :evil:

Re: Curly & Porkchop

Curly & Porkchop

???WTF???

:x With all the expertise on this board, you ask for *their* opinions??? :x

Snort.

Well, on second thought, never mind about Porkchop. :P

Bwwwahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaa! :lol:

BTW, I agree with Curly's assessment, after you add all the accessories to the BGE to equal, you would certainly be at the price of a standard textured classic or more. I know BGE used to not even come with a top damper standard (that might have changed now). Also not sure if stainless is an option on the BGE. Also, I would have to think that cooking in the winter, the extra thickness of the KK would be an improvement. The auto lifting dome on the KK is a huge plus, especially holding a plate full of food to put on the grill. Lastly, there is simply looks.

-=Jasen=-

Just thought I would add in my two cents even though I am not PorkChop or Curly (THANKFULLY :shock: ) hehe.

Info from anyone is a help. Didn't mean to leave anyone out, just Curley and Porkchop had answered my earlier questions.

BTW, how long does it take for Dennis to get in touch. I have called and e-mailed him with no response. I have never had this hard of a time in trying to give someone money.

Egad!

this is what happens when i'm away for a day or so? talk of neutering and slights against my expertise?? oy!

back to the comparison question: i've cooked on the BGE, XL BGE, the #7 mexi-K, many steelies. have seen and considered the Primo Oval. As an overall answer, i made my order for an OTB June 30th. there was an eta of 8/2, but it may have been held up in customs. :( my last communique from dennis was a day before his trip, and he's on the case.

far as i'm concerned, you're "out the door" costs for an XL BGE with the accessories that are really necessary will be very comparable to OTB. while i don't have an exact breakdown, i did crunch the numbers when i was considering things, and ended up saying to myself, "another 100 bucks, and we're talking KK money".

i like the BGE; darn good cooker. proven over the years in quality and cs. but, for the extras and re-engineering that dennis has done, i'd go with the KK. just that fine adjuster knob on the draft door and the double gasketing would be enough for me. my 2cents...

Info from anyone is a help. Didn't mean to leave anyone out, just Curley and Porkchop had answered my earlier questions.

BTW, how long does it take for Dennis to get in touch. I have called and e-mailed him with no response. I have never had this hard of a time in trying to give someone money.

He is on vacation at the moment (coming to the US). I am sure he will check into his voice mail or email soon.

-=Jasen=-