Peter

Perfect Grill

Hi All,

I am happy to join the chorus - This is the mother of all grills!

Have the new KK now for about 2 months. It took me several cooks to figure out how to use the different grates, control the temperature, get the food seared or cooked slow etc., but in the end it all worked out beautifully. Especially for low and slow I am impressed how rock-stable the temperature control is, even without the Stoker. Did my first brisket yesterday, and it turned out fantastic. Ran for 16 h and didn't use even half of the charcoal. Last week I grilled a rockfish and it was among the most moist I ever ate - very delicious. Likewise, heating up for searing temperatures for steak or pizza is easy and quick. I have always wanted an all-round grill but without concessions in functionality, and this is the perfect grill and looks beautiful! Clearly an improvement in the variety and sophistication of the food than what I was able to get out of my previous charcoal or gas grill.

About the process: Shipping and installation worked out without a hitch. I can attest, like many others, to the responsiveness and reliability of all interactions with Dennis, leaving no question un-adressed, pre- and post purchase. When I bought it I made a mistake of not ordering enough (in retrospect) of the coco charcoal with it. Still trying to figure this out for myself, but consistent with what other people already said, charcoal quality really makes a big difference, and while good hardwood charcoal from Wallmart worked well for a lot of things, for some food the coco with less intrinsic smokiness seems to be much better and I'm sure I'm going to use that regularly. I also ordered a gas insert - but it sits still in the box, because getting the KK up to heat with charcoal is so easy and fun. (Actually, Dennis had predicted that might happen when I placed the order.) One of these days I will try it and report back.

Best,

Peter

Re: Perfect Grill

Yes i would if i was you. You will have it when you want it and not have to worry about how am i going to get more with out costing and arm and leg in shipping to get it here. We only got 2 boxes to try ... can you say mistake we wish would have ordered more and the 6" rotisserie. We all live and learn if you got room to store your boxes order with you KK.

Re: Perfect Grill

Dennis was able to stack 15 boxes on top of the pallet when they shipped my grill. I think that's about the most they can do. It doesn't add very much to the shipping cost, as opposed to ordering 1/2 or full pallets. It should last me quite a while, as I only use it on the really long cooks, like butts and briskets.