harold67wm

"Fuel Efficiency"

Re: "Fuel Efficiency"

Boy Laguna Beach brings back memories.....

That's my hometown.. I graduated from Laguna high in '78. Was the smallest public high school in So CA at the time.

But it has changed from the sleepy beach town I knew in the 60's and 50's to an over polished, super affluent, over priced tourist trap. Sorta sad but too many people want that life and it's a small town.

I was blessed to have had my childhood there back then..

;);)

Me too Dennis. I grew up in Whittier and went to Monte Vista High School. We spend every weekend at huntgington beach and from time to time we went to Laguna or Newport. Looks like we both graduated the same year in 78. Whittier used to be a sleepy little town carved out of orange groves. Now 150 miles in every direction is nearly concrete.

Steve

:D

I live in Long Beach' date='CA. Where can I see one of the KKs close by in person???[/quote']

Strange that Harold disappeared after Dennis found him a KK to look at only 17 miles away. Maybe he was in here for the purpose of pushing his BSK...but surely not.

Yeah, and what about that academy award winning rendition of righteous indignation when he was "falsely accused?"

Thank you Harold.

Should you decide to return to the forum I will try to be more gracious.

Please do not let any of this stand in the way of your decisions about this great cooker.

I suggest that you talk to Dennis directly

Not sure why i'm putting my input on such an old post but it happens to I have had a bubba keg grill for 6yrs. I got it at the transition to the new model and got it on sale for $299. I happened to be holding a bubba keg mug and that's the reason it caught my eye LOL. Couldn't beat it for the price and it's been a really good grill for cooks 300-800 deg. I've done some low and slow cooks but it's not easy to hold below 275 deg without snuffing the fire. As was mentioned is great for portability. I've taken it to work a couple of times and  fixed Pizzas or BBQ for the guys. Again for the price it's a good little grill. I recently bought a KK 23" that I should be getting sometime next week. Like with everything I buy I read everything I could find before pulling the trigger. It's the only cooker I've read about ( and I've read about a lot of them ) that had all good rating. That's just unheard of. In conclusion although the BKG has been a great little grill for what it is it doesn't compare to the quality of a KK. I will keep my BKG for its portability because there is nothing else quite like it but I doubt it will get much use at home anymore. Can't really compare the two. They're just not the same. 

• Like 1