Lassaline

Definition of OTB

Re: Definition of OTB

Outside the box. In this case due to Dennis' thinking in the design of the kk.

Yes correct.. I explained to my father that the missing donut hole dead center in a round ceramic grill created a cooler area compared to closer to the walls around the outside. I wanted a grill ceiling that was like an Italian pizza oven.

A heart shaped foil balloon in a Bangkok shopping center inspired the grills completely revolutionary shape. My father then commented that finding it in a balloon was the product of outside-the-box thinking — thus was born the OTB design designation.

;);)

Soha you are right on! Last night I grilled some chicken, popped open a bottle of '95 Margaux, and sat downwind of the KK. After a hot summer we finally had a cool, dry evening. The combo of the Bordeaux, Miles Davis, and the smoke was intoxicating in the cool breeze. Heaven.

Cos d'Estournel is luscious, I have a few bottles aging. I looked at the Margaux, it was a Cru Bourgeois Superior, not a classified growth, La Tour de Mons. Not too expensive but it was very silky and a perfectly aged claret. In fact, I finished it last night. Now you have me thinking about popping a Cos...

A first growth is really expensive. But I buy one or two bottles a year just for the experience. Very, very tasty Bordeaux can be had for a LOT less, and those are the ones I seek out for daily drinkers. For those on the board who aren't familiar, a cheap Bordeaux is 40 or 50 bucks, a first growth several hundred to over a thousand. There are some direct importers who have found some smaller chateau who make top quality product for 15 to 40 dollars. I stock up on those!

First off Dennis, I'm not surprised. I do my best thinking in the open air Bangkok markets :) Dollar for dollar there is no better gastro experience in the world than walking the streets of Bangkok

Michael, any specific chateau's you enjoy in the 25-40 range? I'll be in France for 2 weeks next month and while our focus will be Loire and Rhone I am planning a day or 2 in Bordeaux. As usual I hear the best village wines never leave the area which is what I'll focus on. I love the treasure hunt that is finding incredible wines without an incredible label.