fowlerisnuts

Another new KK in Northern California

After some confusion with scheduling the truck up my narrow steep mountain road I finally get my Olive & Gold KK. A couple of facts: (1) It is freaking heavy (2) It is way cooler than the pictures (3) The venting is pretty strange The first recipe is fresh salmon with a marinade described in a recipe called Dave's Marinated Salmon from Epicurious.com. fetch?id=68545fetch?id=68546

Re: Another new KK in Northern California

I'm only a couple days in but my only suggestion is to make sure to read and understand the venting directions. It does heat up slowly and then keeps going so you have to manage the temperature. I am presently roasting two chickens for 2 hours on my second cook and have managed to hit the temperature and hold it without any problem. I expect that the feel for this comes very quickly.

I did find that lighting took a little work. I found a wand which hooks to a propane bottle that works spectacularly. It's probably similar to the weed killers that other people post about.

Good luck!