DennisLinkletter

Most of forum recovered from Hackers..

Re: Most of forum recovered from Hackers..

We were hacked again sale arsehole.. Left malware that could have deleted the entire forum..

Once I knew he was scamming me I hired SiteLock.com to secure the site..

We lost very little and the site is being "hardened" and we should be impenetrable in a few days.

;);)

"The hack did something weird. When I click on "view unread posts" about 15 threads pop up that I have already viewed and there are no new posts in them. Or if I click on some of them, a message pops up that says that thread does not exist."

Can anyone help me eliminate this issue? I still have old threads popping up that I have read and there are no new posts in them.

"The hack did something weird. When I click on "view unread posts" about 15 threads pop up that I have already viewed and there are no new posts in them. Or if I click on some of them, a message pops up that says that thread does not exist."

Can anyone help me eliminate this issue? I still have old threads popping up that I have read and there are no new posts in them.

Not for sure, but try clicking the "Mark forums / topics read" to the right of view unread posts and see if that eliminates them from you unread list. I believe that is what I did to eliminate them.

-=J

I have reindexed the forum.. I had reports of early searches not working.. that might have helped.

If anybody else finds anomalies please let me know so we can try to address them.

:?:?

Problem persists...

Annoying but tolerable.

I'm assuming you tried Dj's suggestion of clicking the "Mark forums / topics read" to the right of view unread posts.

Did that eliminate them from you unread list. If so hopefully a new read / unread history will then be made..

I never use this feature so I can't check.. (probably should ;-)

Please let me know if something is still incorrect and I'll have someone track it down..

;);)

Not sure about anyone else but I can see the owners area / forum whilst logged out. This used to be private, only visible to registered users/members. I have deleted all cookies set by the board (bottom right hand corner of the forum page), but this made no difference.

Not sure about anyone else but I can see the owners area / forum whilst logged out. This used to be private' date=' only visible to registered users/members. I have deleted all cookies set by the board (bottom right hand corner of the forum page), but this made no difference.[/quote']

Great thanks for the heads up..

I never look at the forum without signing in so I never would have seen that..

;);)

Re: Most of forum recovered from Hackers.. Think I found another one...the following section used to be visible to all site visitors, whilst logged out, to let prospective owners know of the private members area, that they can become a member of once they have pruchased a KK. It is now only visible once you've logged in. A prospective owner who isn't otherwise aware of the private area will therefore never know about it.