Trathor

cast iron skillet/ other

Re: cast iron skillet/ other

I've only ever used a pizza stone and a CI dutch oven.

Cooking is best done with the lid down and liquid spillage

should be kept to a minimum. Eggs? Could be tricky since they

need pretty low heat. Frittatas might do OK.

A KK is a much better oven than it is a stove.

dub(and i probly wouldn't try deep-frying on one either)

fetch?id=67323 Re: cast iron skillet/ other This is mine that i use all the time http://www.amazon.com/Lodge-Logic-Cast- ... +cast+iron i also have this one for deep dish and the need for a larger pizza http://www.amazon.com/Lodge-Logic-Pre-S ... +cast+iron We have not gotten the nack for using the stone yet. The pizzas just stick to it too much and then i have a mess so i use the cast iron favorites. Here is a picture of it in use, one of my pizza baked in the oven pre KK days we are a Supreme family here.

post-7318-139082402573_thumb.jpg

Re: cast iron skillet/ other

If Amazon is a no-go for you in Canada, call Lodge and ask them who deals their product in your neck of the woods:

"If you have a question, comment, or a product problem you need help with, please send us a note using the form provided. You may also reach us by calling 423-837-7181 (7:30 am– 4:30 pm CT Mon-Fri) or at [email protected]."

I've used Cast Iron skillets, Dutch Ovens, Griddles and not so much as a hiccup.  I use them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner cooks.  The CI griddles makes a nice surface for breakfast ... eggs ... while I'm bringing TheBeast up to temp for a Saturday rib cook.  Bacon works very well on the main grates.  There is really no need to do bacon on the griddle except for the fact that you may need/like a little bacon grease for the eggs on the griddle.  I've used Dutch Ovens for just about everything imaginable ... cobblers, cakes, stews, chilis.  Very versatile piece of CI.  I've been known to use a skillet for deep dish pizza.  CI lends itself very well to the KK, IMNSHO.

Another great use for a cast iron skillet - cajun blackened pork chops!

I put the skillet right down on the sear grate as close to the fire as I can get it.

post-975-0-48469700-1417140147_thumb.jpg

Used the split basket to give an off the flame area to let the chops finish cooking after the initial char.

post-975-0-92900200-1417140250_thumb.jpg

Seriously tasty chops!

post-975-0-58227000-1417140282_thumb.jpg