mdbinkc

Just ordered a KK, new to forum

Hi all, My name in Mike, and I live in the Kansas City area.

I ordered a metallic bronze 23" OTB today, and hope to get it in the next 3 weeks or so. I am new to the forum, and to kamado cooking. As you might imagine, I am extremely excited about this product, and can't wait to start learning how to take advantage of this primo grill. I have a passion for BBQ, and plan to make a hobby of trying to duplicate my favorite pulled pork, brisket, and ribs.

I look forward to taking advantage of all of the expertise and sharing on this forum, and hope to add value in the future.

Re: Just ordered a KK, new to forum

Good choice on the bronze!! I love mine. Did you order some coco char? The stuff is great. Dennis suggests using it for low and slow, personally, I love the consistancy of it, and use it for everything.

There are some very knowlegeable folks on this forum, so any questions should be answerable. If all else fails, experiment!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hello, welcome to the forum and being a KK owner! There is a slight learning curve to a kk, but if you have some experience with bbq and low slow cooks, its an easy thing to master. My first error was not putting enough charcoal in the basket for my first cook, it was not a low slow one, so i now fill the basket, never run out and have plenty of residual left for my next cook. Also give your KK heat soak time if your doing a longer cook, i let my heat up for about an hour with all the grills in it so they get hot also. After that it is just a matter of controlling air flow through it. Please feel free to ask away on here, lots of experience and help! OH and you have to post a picture too!! ha ha

Congrats on the purchase. You will love the KK. Just remember there is not only 1 way to cook good BBQ. You may have some tried and true methods with your previous experience... i would just say be open to other possibilities...mistakes and goofs on the KK still taste pretty good. Once you figure out the air flow, you will do great!!

MadMedik