Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
DennisLinkletter

A new idea we're trying with our crating.

I was going through my desktop and found these images of Mike in Atlanta's Supreme OTB being packed.

They also show a new idea we're trying with our crating.

The cookers sit on a wood box that has a very dense black rubber pad and all the wheels get their own pad.

Then we insert plywood boards inside the posts with the same dense black rubber pads at the widest point all around. The boards are flexed to give tension like leaf springs.

BothSides.jpg

Here is the front flexed/sprung padded board going in.

Support.jpg

Packaging Suggestion

Dennis

I have previously worked in a situation where they had very delicate parts. We used an expandable foam to package them and it was extremely effective. I never heard of anything being broken using that foam. Although your product is bigger and heavier they have different density levels. You hook up a couple of tanks and the chemicals mix and you have a hose and nozzle that dispenses the foam which immediately expands and after a few minutes sets. I don!t know how anything protected by the foam would be damaged unless the whole thing was smashed. It would seem to be foolproof as they say. It would also be great if you had to ship out a firebox or something else. You put a piece of plastic in the box and add some foam and let it rise a little and put the part in and then cover it with plastic and add more foam on the top of it close up the box and you are all set. The foam is hot when dispensed. I think it would definitely be worth looking into if it was reasonably available to you.

Hi Dennis... Jack from Upstate, NY here...

Feel free to package the OTB Supreme I ordered ~ 1 week back in larger indonesian teak wood leftovers from your furniture/flooring business so I can make outdoor prep tables from the packing crates ;););)

Packaging Suggestion!

Hey Dennis, one thought on the packaging. When I sold my old K last week, I took some of the thin foam sheeting (it is very thin - maybe 1/16") and wrapped all the interior parts so that they would not vibrate and cause any cracks or chips - it worked well. It is not enough to resolve major damage from shipping, but would solve any small issues. I think the firebox would even benefit (pretty much anywhere there is a metal to ceramic or ceramic to ceramic meeting would benefit from reduced vibration). I was also thinking it would be a cheap and easy wrap for the exterior to prevent scuffs on the tile or coating. It might add a few dollars to the grill, but I would be willing to pay for the increased insurance it would add.

-=Jasen=-