talisker63

Set up help

3 hours ago, Aussie Ora said:

Looks like everything turned out great love lamb

So do I.  Now that I think about it, I didn't actually get to eat any on the night.  It all got munched up so fast!

12 hours ago, tony b said:

Did you check the battery to see if the probe was charged?

Yup.  Green light and all that.  They wrote yesterday to say that the replacement would soon be on its way.  They didn't say what went wrong with the first one but there was no suggestion that the returned item was OK.  I might just ask.  I agree that the lack of wires is good but not working means it is no good to man or beast. :x

12 hours ago, tony b said:

Curious as to why you used water pans under the lamb shoulders?

Only because I was going to use the same pans later for the potatoes and I didn't want a load of dry, encrusted fat in the pans.  

Thanks for the info on the variability of the fire.  Will be more observant in future.  Using skewers is convenient but they limit your ability to move things around as you much as you might need to.  

Anyway, now on to other stuff.  Today is burn in day for Meat.  Wish me and him luck!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, tekobo said:

Only because I was going to use the same pans later for the potatoes and I didn't want a load of dry, encrusted fat in the pans.

:smt023

Good luck with the burn-in and cook something tasty while you're doing it - no sense wasting that heat!