Sanny

Sanny's First Cook

You think Livvy loved you before...she's gonna love you on a whole nuther level now :D

Nice looking stuff. Did they have a good bark on them (crunchy crust)? I ususally put the dry rub on, then slather with mustard and then more dry rub. Don't know if the mustard really helps cause I've never done butts without the mustard...but I get a nice bark.

And I use a lot of Dizzy products...good stuff, good folks to deal with.

Congrats!

The butts were good - lots of chewy bits. Yesterday's ribs were great! I did them low and slow for over 6 hours, with some Dizzy dust, and then basted in the last hour with some maple syrup and cider vinegar baste. They're even better today, reheated in the 'wave, which leads me to the conclusion that they could have stayed on a bit longer. Wouldn't have hurt, except we'd have all starved to death.

I gave a slab (of the two I made) to my dad, and we had a few ribs (and grilled scarygrass, bok choy, and corn) for sup. Today I wrapped 3 or 4 for a delivery guy (and two fresh garden tomatoes) who dropped off a pallet of coconut extruded lump. Better than cash for him, but I think I gave too wealthy a tip. ;)

Seems there are only 4 ribs left, out of 2 slabs. Whahappend? :shock:

Hope Livvy gets those ribs bones :D
Nope, no real bones for Livvy. She gets nasty and snarls to protect them. But she had a rib end or two, and liked it just fine! And she's been out in the yard "helping" by cleaning the drips on the cement around the outside of the cooker. Naturally, it is pure altruism and desire to help that motivates her. Not that she's suckin pork juice, or anything. :lol:

You think Livvy loved you before...she's gonna love you on a whole nuther level now :D

Maybe not :?

Hehehe, that is funny. Maybe we should ask Gerard this question, but I have always heard cooked bones were very bad for the dog's stomach and intestines and that only raw or blanched bones should be given to them. How about it Gerard?

-=Jasen=-

My neighbor had a restaurant, and used to bring home giant ham bones (from soup) for her dog. Gave Livvy one, once. Not only did Livvy get mean and nasty, but the "ham bone hangover" was misery for us both. Goodness, what it did for both ends of her digestion! Never again... :oops:

where did you get that cover for your kamado? Do you think it would fit one of Dennis's otb supremes
There is a guy who does custom covers. His name is John. [email protected].

He did a beautiful job, no? I believe he had been an upholsterer in a past life. And I thought the price quite reasonable for a custom made cover. Perhaps he could work with you to make one for your otb. Mine is Sunbrella fabric, which is good in sun or rain or snow, and it has a bungee cord below so it doesn't flap in wind. :)

Looks rather like a content bhudda, all covered um. Mmmm....achieve Nirvana by eating Q... ;)

That, or someone threw a sheet over "Danger, Wil Robinson!"

(edit for spelling)

very nice pics of the first butt-O-rama sanny!! it's so funny you mention how livvy (very sweet looking puppy!) really dug on the k-drippings on the cement. back about a year ago, my old neighbor had a big ol' english bulldog named "dexter". we became best buddies after awhile. he'd see me cooking and come charging over for some love. his mom didn't mind that i gave him the occasional snack off the grill. but what was REALLY funny was that, everytime she took him outside to do his deal, he'd make a beeline for the k, and circle it a couple times, nose to the ground, looking for "k detrius".

sorry to hear livvy has "issues" with bones. you'll have to make up for it by producing the occasional chicken breast or sausage for her!

what's your next planned project for break in? you might try either pork loin or pork tenderloin. they take smoke great and look wonderful sliced. dramatic smoke ring. a brined, slow smoked whole loin makes a great dinner and great coldcuts later!

very nice pics of the first butt-O-rama sanny!!
Thanks! I had some for lunch today, and it was yummy from the microwave, too. A coworker forgot her lunch, so I split my little portion into two littler portions, and we shared. :) Tastes much better shared, by the way.

...he'd make a beeline for the k, and circle it a couple times, nose to the ground, looking for "k detrius".
Yah, Livvy now checks around the cooker "just in case" there might be a little "love" left outside for her from the last time she checked. lol

what's your next planned project for break in? you might try either pork loin or pork tenderloin. they take smoke great and look wonderful sliced. dramatic smoke ring. a brined, slow smoked whole loin makes a great dinner and great coldcuts later!
Hmmm... brined pork? Never knew one could/should brine a pork. I thought that was more a bird thing. Sounds yummy! With what does one brine? Costco had the prettiest pork loin, too.... I saw a stuffed pork loin that just looked amazing!! Stuffed with all sorts of yummy things. Might have to try that, too.

Of course Snooky says he doesn't really eat much red meat (he must not have read the ad about pork being the other WHITE meat), so I might have to Q him some fish or seafood pretty soon.