lobsterbake

Vacation - Bali it is!

Re: Vacation - Bali it is!

Mark, it is funny you should ask. That was one of my biggest worries. I had heard about scams, yada yada. Anyway, nothing to be worried about. The biggest challenge is the large conversion:) Anyway, I used the money changer across the street from Vincent's. Super easy, no sweat. I would change around $200 US at the time. I "think" I took about $1,500 for 8 nights. $200 a day should be way more then enough. This excluded our villa. Again, a typical meal plus a good number of drinks at Vincents is going to run around $40 us. UNLESS your significant other is a wine drinker. Wine and booze are really expensive because of the import tax placed on them. A driver for an entire day $50-60 if I recall but we had another couple to split that with. I think I still have Suryah's (driver we used) phone number. GREAT dude and always on time. The villa I did pay in US. We paid half up front and the other half in person. Amazingly they didn't ask for payment until the day we left. They put more trust in me:) Also, I believe "most" of the restaurants in town took credit card so I payed that way when at all possible.

Thanks,

Keith

Re: Vacation - Bali it is!

We had a fantastic time in Bali! We went to Vincent's and the food was excellent but they were out of tiger prawns so that was a bummer but still neat place. I highly recommend Bali as it is a neat and eye opening experience. Meeting Dennis and seeing the factory was the best part!

I don't care what anyone says - it is not irrational to fly half way around the world to see a grill. If it is we were on vacation :eek:

Mark