kad1979

Moving a 19....suggestions please

Hello everyone. I have a 19.5" KK that I got about a year ago. I have purchased a new home and need to move my KK. The good news is I am only moving a mile away. The bad news is I still need to move my KK. Any helpful suggestions on moving the KK? What has worked for others? I don't have the crate it came in as it was too damaged when it arrived.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Moving a 19....suggestions please

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/productreviews ... idrem8.jpg

Take the lid off, remove everything from inside, if you do as in the photo above, PAD the 2x4's! One guy had a thread in here, with photos, of how he rigged a ramp and maybe some rope pulling apparatus, to get his KK up in a mini van. If somebody can find it, please post it for this guy.

If you can get a truck with a lift gate, you have it made. Just carry the KK on to the lift gate with the 2x4's, load it up, and off you go.

Re: Moving a 19....suggestions please

I totally forgot to share. So I moved my KK 19 a couple of weeks ago. I had fully intended to move it using the method above, that is until the 3 buddies I recruited had another idea. The decided that picking it up by the legs and carrying it by themselves was the quickest and easiest. No kidding, they dead lifted the damn thing into the back of a pickup. All I can say is I am glad it is done and had no issues!

Check it out...

IMG-20130601-01727_zpsbc81e4ef.jpg