bbqsushi

Greetings from Stumptown! aka Portland, OR

Hello one and all! I have the approval of the Household Minister of Finance (my bride) to acquire a 23" KK. Dennis was kind enough to share his thoughts with me and helped me to understand just how special these works of art are. (Thanks for the tips Dennis!) I anticipate completing my order in the next 48hours and hope to take delivery soon there after. The "Ocean Blue" tiles will look magnificent in my back yard! We are super excited! I promise to share pictures and try many of the posted recipes as I get to know the KK better over.

Re: Greetings from Stumptown! aka Portland, OR

Thank you! Dennis just confirmed that the delivery target date is this coming Friday! I plan on taking the day off from work to meet and greet the grill in style! Once it is unloaded and set-up I'll post pics of the inaugural weekend! The forecast is 76 degrees for Friday and Saturday.. Perfect weather for cooking on my brand new ceramic grill!

Re: Greetings from Stumptown! aka Portland, OR Well, i must first say thank you to Dennis for making such a great product available! I also want to thank the dozens of folks who have posted experience, tips, and recipes to the forum... It made my experience from ordering to unloading, setting-up to grilling - a pleasure and a treat. In my anxious fervor to get things set-up and get on to the inaugural run with BBQ Baby Back ribs as the reward, I failed to take pictures of the food... But trust me - they cooked at 225 indirect for several hours and came out succulent and superb! I am pleased and more importantly, so was my family! As I had silently vowed to post pics, below you will find stages of unpacking (Thanks for the ramp Dennis!), and the second meal I made in the KK; Tandoori Chicken and Naan! The carrier was kind eno ugh to deliver "the package" to my garage! The tiles are beautiful. My wife choose well... ;-) Assembled, moved, and ready for work... The second round of amazing meals prepared on my new KK... Tandoori Chicken and Naan. Good times indeed! n74455 n74456 n74457 n74459 n74458 n74452

post-1-139082417664_thumb.jpg

post-1-139082417668_thumb.jpg

post-1-139082417671_thumb.jpg

post-1-139082417675_thumb.jpg

post-1-139082417678_thumb.jpg

post-1-139082417982_thumb.jpg

Re: Greetings from Stumptown! aka Portland, OR

bbqsushi: Would you mind telling us about your tandoori marinade? Did you use the heat deflector or cook it direct?

Gladly! The tandoori marinade consists of:

paprika

ground coriander

ground cumin

coarse kosher salt

freshly ground black pepper

brown sugar

ground ginger

ground cinnamon

crumbled saffron threads

cayenne pepper

Yogurt

Lemon juice

I mix the above by taste, score the chicken breast tenderloins, smother them in lemon juice; then bury them in the marinade overnight so they can reflect on what it means to become delicious and stay that way. 18 hours later I skewered them, alternating with bell peppers as the KK was on it's way from 0 to 400 degrees. I grilled them indirectly for 60min, rotating them just once and re-basting with the marinade. It came out crisp on some ends and juicy and vibrantly flavored!