earthroamerxvlt

New KK landing on the Redneck Riviera (Florida Panhandle)

Moving from the Dark Side (old gass cooker) to a Tweed Matte Autumn Nubula & Bronze KY 5133 that is supposed to be delivered this afternoon. Really starting from the beginning here and looking forward to figuring this thing out. Any advice for the noob would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all the great ideas and information I have read about while lurking on this forum up until now.

John

Re: New KK landing on the Redneck Riviera (Florida Panhandle

Congrats on making a great choice! You won't regret it! First, follow Dennis' instructions on venting to the letter. It's not difficult, I had fun doing it, but still important.

This forum is filled with all sorts of info, plus people who love to talk kk!

Also, its a requirement to post pics!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Moving from the Dark Side (old gass cooker) to a Tweed Matte Autumn Nubula & Bronze

Can't wait to see a picture of this and hear what you think of it. I have an autumn nebula and bronze metallic tweed but none of it is a matte finish. Very interesting!!

Thanks for the replies and welcomes. Our little slice of the Redneck Riviera is the small town of Milton, which is just across the bay west of Pensacola. We have some tarpon here, but most of the tarpon action is east and south of us. My wife and I are both fly fishing fanatics. I see grilled and smoked fish in our future. Burning in the KK today and will do the first cook tonight.

Thanks again for the welcome.

John

Hey Joe, nice to hear somebody else in the neighborhood has one of these things. I tried to open your PM, but apparently I am on the equivalent of forum "training wheels" and it said I was not authorized to read PMs. Naturally I was not authorized to send one either. I don't know whether it is a time since registered, minimum number of posts issue, or I just have not been taught the secret handshake yet.

Hey Doc Mguerra, I don't know what you like to go by so I hope I am not being too familiar or offensive calling you Doc. I know what you mean about smoked fish dip, yum. Things are a little slow around this part of the state so we use our mullet for entertainment purposes. Everybody goes to the beach, gets drunk and then sees how far into Alabama they can throw them. Like I said, things are things are a little slow here!

John

It's unfortunate to see the slow economy around there, I'm always surprised anything is still open from one year to the next. I try to do my little part by buying the stuff I need instead of bringing it. Get a haircut at the local barber, stuff like that.