billyg

pizza stone/ heat deflector

Do you folks refer to the pizza stone as a heat deflector? I am trying to figure out if they are one in the same. I received my OTB supreme what looks like a pizza stone, possibly a tad thicker so I was wondering if they are one in the same. . Also if they are one in the same and you use it as a heat deflector should you cover it with tin foil if you are cooking something that will drip grease? Thanks for your help

Re: pizza stone/ heat deflector

Do you folks refer to the pizza stone as a heat deflector? I am trying to figure out if they are one in the same. I received my OTB supreme what looks like a pizza stone' date=' possibly a tad thicker so I was wondering if they are one in the same. . Also if they are one in the same and you use it as a heat deflector should you cover it with tin foil if you are cooking something that will drip grease? Thanks for your help[/quote']

Yes the pizza stone and the heat deflector are one thing and yes, you better use foil on it. Otherwise your stone will also look like mine soon. I just placed a post concerning this:

http://komodokamado.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=599

The terms are interchanged freely, and the same stone can be used for either. Personally, when using it for a deflector where there will be significant drippings, I will use a pan above it. Also, I use a regular pizza stone for bread/pizza.

Even if it gets covered with drippings, it will burn clean in a high temp cook.