Kebab Man

Help putting this thing together!!

Finally got my KK up the stairs onto the balcony. I have a lot of questions and don't want to mess things up. See pictures with questions. I have tried to order the baskets for rotisserie however the website on Komodo Kamado doesn't work. It just gives me an error when I go to order. I've tried email and calling Dennis without success. I think he is traveling to the states to visit relatives. The instructions show cradle handles included. I never received them. Should they be included? How do you clean the ashes? I understand you open the rear door but how do you get the ashes out? With a small shovel? Thank you in advance for anyone willing to help. I am also happy to provide my phone number. I'm anxious to get started Gary fetch?id=68762fetch?id=68763fetch?id=68760fetch?id=68759fetch?id=68764fetch?id=68761

Re: Help putting this thing together!!

Pic 1, try to slide the ash deflector further on the rods. You shouldn't see any daylight between the rounded edge of the deflector and the grill itself.

Pic 3, that clip goes on the thermometer shaft from inside the grill.

Pic 4, the odd shape stone is your deflector, the round one your pizza stone.

Pic 6, spare tension springs for your guru plug, which is pic 5.

To clean, take your ash deflector off, and sweep ashes through the air vent opening, with the door removed. Personally, I use a shop vac with a drywall filter. The rear door is only for using the optional propane starter, which almost no one uses.

I would think the rotisserie should have cradle holders, mine did.

If Dennis isn't answering, there is an issue. He could be travelling, but if you leave a message by e mail or phone, he WILL get back to you.

If you like, pm your phone number, I'll be happy to help.

Robert

Please know Dennis is Traveling. He is not staying at any one place long so he may have limited or no access to the forum to help answer your questions. One thing I can promise you is Dennis will take care of your Roti and any other issue but in the meantime fire it up and enjoy. Just make sure not to open the bottom and top vent all the way at the start of the initial burn in. Follow the initial burn as provided on this site or in the new owner manual. Enjoy and we're here to help you if you still need help.

I will send you the KK manual if you don't already have it.

The other things that you asked about.

You shouldn't have gotten both an ash deflector and a screen. The screen is the older design. I guess the documentation hasn't caught up to Dennis' latest upgrades.

The rack on the side is for hanging your grill grates on, but you could hang utensils off them, too, I suppose.

And, as Robert said, the odd shaped stone is your heat deflector, which is used on the lower grill or on top of the charcoal grate handles for indirect cooking- roasting and bbq'ing versus grilling.

Enjoy the ride!

Just assembling my KK as well : )

QQ: Should there have been a plug/knob for the Guru Port => should I not decide to use the Guru device? It may have been in the box/packaging that I may have missed (which I don't doubt, as everything else was so complete)?

Thx.

Dave