tony b

Anyone cook Denver ribs of lamb?

My local butcher raises lambs. He just got me to buy "denver ribs," which are from the breast area. He says to cook them low and slow, to medium/medium-well (not medium rare like a normal rack of lamb).

Gonna give this a try this weekend. Planning on basic overnight marinade of Penzey's lamb seasoning, olive oil, and garlic paste. On the KK, indirect, at 275F for about 3 hours, cherry wood.

Any suggestions, thoughts, feedback? Thanks in advance.

First off, thanks for all the kind words, but did you notice that my post was from 2 years ago??

Haven't done the Denvers in a long time. But, my butcher still has them, as he raises the lambs that he sells. 

Hat's off to MacKenzie for spotting my hop plant in the background AND knowing what it was!!! It's still growing there behind the KK, going on it's 8th year! Massive cones this year, never seen bigger, most are at least 4" long. For folks that care, it's a Cascade hop plant. Does well in this climate zone. And I do use them in my homebrewing on occasion.

Nice post PJ! You brew??

Tony, I saw that it was an old post. I was picking around the "other meats" section of the forum.

I was curious about how you cooked them. Is 275 for 3.5 hours how you cook your pork ribs? Just wanted to see if your preparation differed between pork and lamb.

Pretty much the same - 250F to 275F. 

• Like 1

Nice post PJ! You brew??<br />

<br />

<br />

I don't, but my husband has expressed an interest. We do drink a lot of good beers, and have a few local breweries doing some great stuff. One of the local brewers used our fresh hops in a beer last fall, it was awesome, and he gave us 2 new varieties to grow this year, so I think we may be his supplier of test hops. Very fun!

Awesome! I'm planning to harvest mine (Cascade) this weekend. 

I've brewed off & on for over 35 years (since Prez Carter made it legal back in '79), and steadily for the last 8 years. It's a fun hobby and almost, I said almost, as capital intensive as KK cooking, i.e., books, latest gadgets, etc. LOL!