fixie

New User Questions

I just received my OTB Supreme. I have only had the opportunity to unpack it and admire it. I have four questions.

1. How do I know I got the correct gas fixture? I use propane.

2. How do I attach the gas fixture to my propane tank? I would be most interested in buying a single product that works instead of jury rigging something and blowing myself up.

3. How do you use the gas fixture? There are two dials. I assume one is for a pilot and one is for the burner.

4. How do I measure the temperature in the Komodo? I see the holes (presumably for the cooker thermometer and meat thermomoter). Is there a recommended thermometer? The thermometers at my local barbeque store are too short and do not have enough temperature range.

Thanks,

Fixie

Re: New User Questions

I just received my OTB Supreme. I have only had the opportunity to unpack it and admire it. I have four questions.

1. How do I know I got the correct gas fixture? I use propane.

2. How do I attach the gas fixture to my propane tank? I would be most interested in buying a single product that works instead of jury rigging something and blowing myself up.

3. How do you use the gas fixture? There are two dials. I assume one is for a pilot and one is for the burner.

4. How do I measure the temperature in the Komodo? I see the holes (presumably for the cooker thermometer and meat thermomoter). Is there a recommended thermometer? The thermometers at my local barbeque store are too short and do not have enough temperature range.

Thanks,

Fixie

Welcome Fixie!!!

1. The gas option is set up for propane and only needs to be retrofitted if you have natural gas so you are ok.

2. I'm assuming the gas option you have has a flare fitting on the end of it. You need to go to Home Depot or a BBQ store and get a hose made for this application. The only modification you need to make is to cut off the fitting on the end of the hose and just slide the hose on the flare fitting supplied, unless you can find a hose that has the right thread to attach in place of the flare fitting but this may be hard to find. Use a standard hose clamp which you can also find at Home Depot to securely fasten the hose to the fitting. Also be sure the hose comes with a regulator. This is usually attached on the end that fits into the tank.

3. You are correct in your analysis of the valves, turn the one on to the pilot light, light it, push in the burner and turn on the main burner valve. When done turn off both valves.

4. Talk to Dennis and he will let you know about the Temp Gage. If you are due one I will ship it from here.

Good luck and Happy Cooking. Hope your ready to meet all the neighbors when they smell the wonderfull things coming from the cooker.

Many Thanks

Thank you for the timely input. I will see what I can rig for the propane. It does not seem too complicated even for an "anti-McGyver." I will bring the gas fixture to Home Depot. Regarding the temperature guage, I checked my mail last night and I did receive one. Sausages tonight, pork roast tomorrow and flank steak on Friday. Can't wait. :D