cactus

Galaxy Outdor - Kamado Rocket?

Re: Galaxy Outdor - Kamado Rocket?

I don't believe this outfit has anything to do with Richard Johnson (POSK developer and all around scoundrel!). :P

A couple of guys bought the rights to the old Kamado and tried to make a go of it, but never seemed to get any traction. I was actually on their forum for a while. I think they sold out to this Galaxy outfit. All I can remember about it.

I followed the story a bit as well on the Kamado fraud forum when I was researching what Kamado to buy.  Two guys bought out Richard Johnson's company, and at least initially seemed to be trying to strike deals with the masses who had been defrauded. Their emails seemed to be genuine.  Then the complaints on the forum about the new owners seemed to grow.  Either the new owners got overwhelmed by the bad will of the POSK or else they may not have been as sincere as their initial emails indicated.  Many people were even starting to question whether these people were real or whether they were just avatars for Richard Johnson.  Soon, people just stopped discussing them altogether.  I assumed they were effectively out of business.  

I have no idea what the truth is, but just decided that life is too short to even consider dealing with these issues.  Doing business with unethical or incapable people is too much heartache.  

As for the quality of the grills, the consensus seemed to be that they were usable but had a half-life.  They would arrive with some broken tiles and the tiles would eventually start falling off.  Also, the cement used for the grill itself would start to crack, so people would need to buy cement repair kits to fix these cracks along the way.  It was possible to do, but left some unhappy campers.  It had stainless steel on it, but maybe not as much structural stainless.  It was used more for specific parts.  Therefore, the overall structural integrity of their Kamado was a bit weaker.  

I am an appreciative Komodo Kamado customer and love my grill.  

Having owned a POSK, I was one of the lucky ones that got an early Indonesian made one. It lasted 8 years before it really started to have structural problems. The friend of mine that inherited my POSK tried to work with the new guys to get a replacement collar for the top hat spider (where it was severely cracked and eventually failed). But, while the guys were very sincere, they could just never deliver the product and my friend gave up on them. At least they didn't take his money upfront like RJ does.