Smokydave

Rotisserie

I watched a YouTube video of a guy cooking chicken using the roti baskets. That was 4 days ago and I can't stop thinking about it. So I looked on the forum and the reference to "One Grill" kept popping up. I found a KK motor on the website, but it said it was unavailable. Does anyone have any info on the motor recommended for the KK? Also, many posts on the Forum mentioned problems with the post or shaft. Are these issues resolved?

Re: Rotisserie

FYI: I inquired about ordering a rotisserie kit from One Grill on August 12th. "Brian" promptly replied '...we are currently having an issue with the KK motor they've been using...and would be unveiling a new motor for the KK in a week...' and would let me know when they were ready to ship.

After not hearing anything I sent Brian an e-mail last Thursday inquiring about the availability of "the new motor" without reply to date.

Probably means they're not available yet ;)

^ Brian did not reference part #'s or similar; however I suspect the motor listed on their site is the older and supposed problematic KK motor as that's the one I tried to order several weeks ago.

9/10/13 Update: I spoke to Brian at OneGrill this morning and got the low down:

They are still working on making/finding a motor that spins the correct direction (CW or CCW I can't say/don't know) for the KK rotisserie cradle. They currently do not have a motor to offer.

In addition to offering a motor they are also working on offering a modified version of their patented modular rotisserie cradle system for the KK.

No ETA given for either the motor or the cradle. Guessing the overall unit sales potential amongst interested KK owners is lower than higher in volume...I'd guess they have bigger fish to fry that take precedence in their R&D department ;)

rewiring a 40 lb motor

I talked to Joe himself and he said he is rewiring a 40 lb motor they have to spin the correct direction for KK owners.

He said the 50 lb motor that spins the correct direction works great on KK grills but they overheat on metal grills.

The battery powered ones are not 50 lbs and work just fine so the 40 lb should be fine.

;);)

Dennis, do you recommend this motor? I was concerned about the issues people have with the shaft, and I'm slightly nervous about the "rewiring" part. I trust you and the cradle, but since I can't do it without the motor, I want to make the best choice. Did Joe indicate when he will have a supply of them? As an aside, I already asked my wife if she would sit next to the KK and turn a hand-crank to spin the chicken. You can guess where that got me! :wink:

One Grill Rotisserie Motor for KKs are available!

Brian from One Grill e-mailed me this morning informing me they now have the correct direction spin motor for KK's rotisserie basket available:

http://www.onegrill.com/Electric_Rotiss ... pm05kk.htm

He also let me know they intend to eventually design their Performer Basket system for our KKs but no ETA currently. I'll update this thread about the Performer Baskets as I get fresh news.

Dan

Dave,

I have two OneGrill motors (a DC/cordless unit and the dedicated KK motor unit) along with their Performer Basket system sitting here at home waiting for the rotisserie connection parts and motor mount from Dennis. Hopefully I'll be able to provide real world feedback in a week or so...

FWIW: Brian at OneGrill strongly recommended the cordless DC motor. Given its relative low price I bought one to try along with the 120v unit; he assured me I would not, even given its low price, be disappointed. The cordless/battery powered unit can turn clockwise or counter-clockwise depending how the batteries are installed. This could be a "win-win" for current KK rotisserie basket owners in need of a motor...

Dan

I'm new to this forum.  I've sent my money to Dennis, and anxiously waiting.  I've bought the roti basket, and Dennis referred me to the famous Brian of OneGrill.

Brian sent me these two url's figured I would pass them on to you all:

http://www.onegrill.com/Electric_Rotisserie_Motor_p/4pm05kk.htm  (30-40 lb capacity $65)  was not in stock, available 4/21/14

http://www.onegrill.com/Electric_Rotisserie_Motor_130_p/4pm08.htm  (85lb capacity, $150, side table cannot be mounted.)

The 2 "features" specific to KK:

• Designed specifically to work with Komodo Kamado Rotisseries
  • Includes drive shaft

On 11/10/2013 at 4:31 PM, dstr8 said:

Dave,

I have two OneGrill motors (a DC/cordless unit and the dedicated KK motor unit) along with their Performer Basket system sitting here at home waiting for the rotisserie connection parts and motor mount from Dennis. Hopefully I'll be able to provide real world feedback in a week or so...

FWIW: Brian at OneGrill strongly recommended the cordless DC motor. Given its relative low price I bought one to try along with the 120v unit; he assured me I would not, even given its low price, be disappointed. The cordless/battery powered unit can turn clockwise or counter-clockwise depending how the batteries are installed. This could be a "win-win" for current KK rotisserie basket owners in need of a motor...

Dan

Dan, how long do the batteries last?  What kind of batteries are they?