GloriaL

Latch Position

Does anybody have a photo of your latch in the two closed positions? I had a leak on the left side of my grill and we think I did not have the latch completely closed. But I can not close it any further with my muscles. I won't to make sure I am not trying to force it too far before I instruct Superman to "Keep Pushing!"

Re: Latch Position

Sorry...no photo. But if you want to inspect/detect air leaks: Build a medium hot bed of coals. Then drop a few medium hardwood smoking chunks (or about 1-cup or so of small wood chips) onto a decent size piece of foil. Wrap the foil around the wood then, using a fork or paring knife, pierce several holes on what will be the bottom of the foil-wood packet.

Packet atop the hot coals. Front lower damper cracked open...top open about 90-180 degrees from tightly closed. Watch for smoke leaks.

Re: Latch Position

Does anybody have a photo of your latch in the two closed positions? I had a leak on the left side of my grill and we think I did not have the latch completely closed. But I can not close it any further with my muscles. I won't to make sure I am not trying to force it too far before I instruct Superman to "Keep Pushing!"
Hi Gloria' date=' I need to update the owner's manual with these photos.. Don't feel bad I assure you you are not the first. I can also assure you from the photos that your latch was not fully closed.. ;) Right out of the crate they can be tight enough to make one think it does not go further.. The CNC cut and folded latch is much stronger than your hand.. can't break it with your hands. [img']http://komodokamado.com/forum/filedata/fetch?id=67532 As you can see the latch touches the body when fully closed. fetch?id=67533

post-6370-139082406052_thumb.jpg

post-6370-139082406056_thumb.jpg