cruzmisl

Can the KK be tilted? (Moving K)

Hi All,

I am picking up my KK's on Friday morning and wondering what the best plan of attack is to get these things off the pickup truck and in my backyard. I was wondering if I could use a furniture dolly to move them around but didn't know if they had to be kept upright. Once in my backyard I need to go up 6 stairs.

Thanks for any tips!

Joe

Re: Can the KK be tilted? (Moving K)

Hi All,

I am picking up my KK's on Friday morning and wondering what the best plan of attack is to get these things off the pickup truck and in my backyard. I was wondering if I could use a furniture dolly to move them around but didn't know if they had to be kept upright. Once in my backyard I need to go up 6 stairs.

Thanks for any tips!

Joe

Here is my suggestion.

http://www.komodokamado.com/forum/viewt ... 08&start=0

Took about 1 1/2 hours to build ramp and about $25 bucks. We used it when I sold my K and I kept it for when my KK arrives. Or you could spend the $25 on a ramp trailer at Uhaul - even easier.

-=Jasen=-

Thanks for the reply but the problem with that approach is I have no way to get it on to my deck once it's out of the crate......

You couldn't knock the legs off the ramp and use it to get it on your deck? Another idea if you have good help is those arm strap lifts - but it need two people in good shape (my back would not let me do that). Me personally, I like just being able to push heavy stuff like that - no lifting. Anyway, good luck with everything and get us some pics!

-=Jasen=-

Thanks for the reply but the problem with that approach is I have no way to get it on to my deck once it's out of the crate......

You couldn't knock the legs off the ramp and use it to get it on your deck? Another idea if you have good help is those arm strap lifts - but it need two people in good shape (my back would not let me do that). Me personally, I like just being able to push heavy stuff like that - no lifting. Anyway, good luck with everything and get us some pics!

-=Jasen=-

With two people it's probably not a good idea. The base without dome is still 278 pounds. We lifted the classic one with 3 people up the stairs and it was deadly.